Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yohan Boli

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So he’s cheap then? That’s the selling point?

Surely we can do better.
Our budget won't be much in January after the recent £20 million loss...

Striker prices in January are white hot, the summer is the time to splash the cash.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't shoot the messenger.

Don't soAbsent du noyau de Saint-Trond ce week-end pour le déplacement à Zulte Waregem, Yohan Boli est occupé à gérer son transfert en janvier.
Après un tri, le meilleur buteur des Canaris (10 buts en Pro League) a reçu 10 offres concrètes. Il doit maintenant faire son choix. Il aimerait trancher avant la fin de l’année. Parmi les 10 offres, il y a toujours celle d’Anderlecht mais Boli a aussi des possibilités en Turquie (Galatasaray), en Angleterre (Brighton), en France (Bordeaux), en Allemagne, au Qatar, en Arabie saoudite et en Chine. Les propositions salariales varient mais le choix ne se fera pas uniquement sur cette base, même s’il est arrivé dans le professionnalisme sur le tard. À 26 ans, l’Ivoirien aimerait rester dans un championnat compétitif, notamment pour l’équipe nationale où il est appelé depuis le mois de septembre. La direction de Saint-Trond exige entre 2 et 3 millions pour son attaquant, même s’il n’a plus que 6 mois de contrat au Stayen.

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/footbal...-offres-dont-le-rsca-5df7d7e7f20d5a0c460ade7a

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not to mention 26 is not old.....

Just turned 26 last month too.

Wrongly or really wrongly, I convinced myself on the Andersson thread, that this age-group of players is where the consequence of the 'Moneyball' market is going to inadvertently generate the next feeding ground for clubs.

In the new world order of metrics, money and profit he's too old for sell on profit but too young for one last big contract.

So he's a player who can be signed cheap, esp for a 'last chance at stardom'.
But without the baggage of a big contract,
Who in turn the club would hope he was able to generate that last big payday as they offload him to somewhere like palace.

Or, it's just possible I'm talking bollox.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wrongly or really wrongly, I convinced myself on the Andersson thread, that this age-group of players is where the consequence of the 'Moneyball' market is going to inadvertently generate the next feeding ground for clubs.

In the new world order of metrics, money and profit he's too old for sell on profit but too young for one last big contract.

So he's a player who can be signed cheap, esp for a 'last chance at stardom'.
But without the baggage of a big contract,
Who in turn the club would hope he was able to generate that last big payday as they offload him to somewhere like palace.

Or, it's just possible I'm talking bollox.

Not bollox, just a different point of view, thinking about profit and any future value.

The first thing I look at in a potential player coming to this club is, can he do a job ?
If those in charge see something in him we don't, and think he is worth a risk then so be it.
The re sale figure is not for me to worry about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not bollox, just a different point of view, thinking about profit and any future value.

The first thing I look at in a potential player coming to this club is, can he do a job ?
If those in charge see something in him we don't, and think he is worth a risk then so be it.
The re sale figure is not for me to worry about.
That's my thing, it's not for any of us to worry about, but it's all the clubs are concerned with.
All of the £20m+ signing in the summer were for players 24 years old or younger.

Therefore the market has to ease off for the players in the next age bracket.

Clubs only want to buy young talent.
Feeder clubs only want to showcase young talent.

So they'll pack their teams with youth and experience leaving a hinterland of rough diamond talent going cheap because they missed the boat first time round.

Now it's disclaimer time:-

These are the opinions of a fat bloke with no knowledge in the subject at hand and is just spouting forth as a way of deflecting from his real world problems,

They are to be considered bollox.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Does the UK election result and the likely early brexit make any difference to when we sign European players? Are clubs going to bring forward their signing targets rather than wait for a change in regulations?

taz

Feb 18, 2015
no under the new envisaged points system, striker's will come under the exceptional talent category and defenders and goalkeepers the nessesary to keep a functional business :drool:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
This was on the 'Voetbal 24' website asking whether Boli would strengthen Anderlecht:
(stemmen = votes versterking = strengthening)

Poll: Zou Boli een goeie versterking zijn voor Anderlecht?
Ja
195 stemmen - 46%

Nee
233 stemmen - 54%

Totaal stemmen: 428

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here