Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yesterday's Ref

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He was very good, I just didn’t notice him, the way it should be.

Helped by the Albion simply coming to play football and West Ham naively thought they could too.

Areola in the first half did take the p with, you’ve guessed it, time wasting. Once we got the opener, it killed that stone dead :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Win game = ref is good
Lose game = ref is bad
Not necessarily……its just that people will talk about the ref more (sometimes but not always as an excuse) if we lose and hes been bad…its inevitable ….but there are times…such as the recent cup game when the geezer in the middle and the ones jogging down the line will still get some criticism

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not always. As mentioned a couple of posts back I think we are all still staggered by the ineptitude of the officials involved in our WIN against Liverpool in the cup. Ref, Assistant Ref, VAR all of 'em were absolutely shite.
Fine ok that happens. But you'll never see a thread praising the ref after a loss.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Best bit about yesterday was .......no VAR....are they on strike for higher pay like the majority of the country ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think it’s pretty simple. Most of our moans about refereeing are to do with time-wasting and deliberate cheating. We scored first so there was none of that to worry about.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Best bit about yesterday was .......no VAR....are they on strike for higher pay like the majority of the country ?
VAR is always used to check every single goal. This has been debunked and explained around a hundred times in the last week on here alone. Don’t mean to have a pop at you, it’s just very irritating to see the same point being made, completely incorrectly, on so many threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here