Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wrexham vs Grimsby

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Awesome result for Grimsby.

Playoff final now between them and the winners of Solihull Moors v Cheaterfiddle for a place in the Football League.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Great result [MENTION=17745]Poojah[/MENTION] , bet that was exciting.

Good luck in the final.

Exciting is one word but I never want to go through that ever again. Pound for pound in terms of what’s at stake that was the craziest football match I’ve witnessed in my life. I’m absolutely shattered.

Jul 7, 2003
Deciding to watch that is going to be the best decision I made this weekend methinks.

What a game. :mad:

Same here - had no plans to watch the game and stuck it on to watch the first few minutes while having my lunch before doing other things. Mrs DCH was not impressed that my lunch seemed to last over two hours!

Great game to watch as a neutral.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Grimsby will play Solihull Moors in the final.

Grimsby massive favourites to win and talk of them out numbering the Solihull fans by 4 to 1. Can actually see that happening also, would expect more than 20,000 Grimsby fans to make the journey next week. It’s a lot different there now from when I lived there growing up where ever body was a Liverpool "fan"

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I want Solihull Moors to go up. Or Solihull Motors as I have always called them for some unknown reason. Never read their name properly.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Grimsby will play Solihull Moors in the final.

Grimsby massive favourites to win and talk of them out numbering the Solihull fans by 4 to 1. Can actually see that happening also, would expect more than 20,000 Grimsby fans to make the journey next week. It’s a lot different there now from when I lived there growing up where ever body was a Liverpool "fan"

Solihull Moors are actually the heavy favourites to win (6/4 versus our 9/5), and with good reason, they finished well above us and are the only team to have beaten us twice in the league this season. They’re a very tricky outfit and have lost the fewest games in the National League. I think they go a bit under the radar as a well financed club at this level.

In terms of crowd, I reckon 20,000 is about right for us though the ticket prices released today have raised eyebrows. Solihull are a bit of an unknown; small fan base yes but it remains to be seen how much floating interest there will be from locals in the Solihull / Birmingham area.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Solihull Moors are actually the heavy favourites to win (6/4 versus our 9/5), and with good reason, they finished well above us and are the only team to have beaten us twice in the league this season. They’re a very tricky outfit and have lost the fewest games in the National League. I think they go a bit under the radar as a well financed club at this level.

In terms of crowd, I reckon 20,000 is about right for us though the ticket prices released today have raised eyebrows. Solihull are a bit of an unknown; small fan base yes but it remains to be seen how much floating interest there will be from locals in the Solihull / Birmingham area.

Indeed. Football matches are decided by player performance not crowd numbers or history.
Good luck though.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I see Wrexham finished 11 points clear of Grimsby

But more importantly 6 points short of automatic promotion. If they objected to that system presumably they would have lodged their objection at the beginning of the season ? I’m guessing they didn’t as they would have been happy had the boot been on the other foot with Grimsby.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I felt bad for Wrexham. They were brilliant at Fans United, and their fans were superb when we played them in the cup a few years ago.

For these reasons I forgive them their Hollywood funding. They've done their time. I hope they win the league next year.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Sold the best part of 10k tickets yesterday, with the cheapest available tickets being £49 including fees by the time they had reached general sale. That’s way too much for many people in these challenging times, for what is ultimately a non-league football match. In response, the Mariners Trust has begun raising funds to help pay for the tickets and travel of those who would otherwise not be able to go.

So far they’ve raised £12,500 in the first few hours and I’ve stuck £100 in myself. Most remarkable of all though is that we’ve seen a good number of donations from Wrexham fans having lost that epic match on Saturday. How unbelievably classy is that?

https://mobile.twitter.com/marinerstrust

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I felt bad for Wrexham. They were brilliant at Fans United, and their fans were superb when we played them in the cup a few years ago.

For these reasons I forgive them their Hollywood funding. They've done their time. I hope they win the league next year.

I remember in 2004 when we joined in their red card protests chanting Gutterman Out.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Sold the best part of 10k tickets yesterday, with the cheapest available tickets being £49 including fees by the time they had reached general sale. That’s way too much for many people in these challenging times, for what is ultimately a non-league football match. In response, the Mariners Trust has begun raising funds to help pay for the tickets and travel of those who would otherwise not be able to go.

So far they’ve raised £12,500 in the first few hours and I’ve stuck £100 in myself. Most remarkable of all though is that we’ve seen a good number of donations from Wrexham fans having lost that epic match on Saturday. How unbelievably classy is that?

https://mobile.twitter.com/marinerstrust

Just seen this on Twitter, unbelievable support from so many people including plenty of Wrexham fans chipping in with donations . Scandalous prices being charged. Wish you all the best

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Another reminder of why we need to win on Sunday and get out of the National League.

[tweet]1531567036484177921[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here