Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would we still sell Bissouma to a top 6 club

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
£50m is pretty ambitious. I hope we get it but I'd be surprised if its above £40m. No one has any money.

Then why sell?
I can't seeing him taking £10m less because teams who get a bigger chunk of broadcast money than we do are pleading poverty.

I appreciate we need funds for a striker, but selling assets for less than their value isn't Tony's style.
We needed a striker when he knocked back offers for White and Stephens.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If the money's right, yes. We shouldn't sell him for a fee less than what he's worth to us to anyone, be they a big club or Arsenal.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With our transfer policy it’s all always going to be a struggle to hold on to exceptional players even if we wanted to as there is not enough talent coming through the door. Great players want to win things not play for league survival.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I can't see Webster going anywhere.
He is the most under the radar player we have.

In with a shout of player of the season for me.
He will be worth way more to us, than anyone will offer, IMO.

I think every player is on the radar of every club these days. Scouting/video analysis/stats all available to all recruitment departments on every team.
Guardiola probably knows what Webster had for breakfast this morning.

I do agree that he is fantastic player, sorely missed when injured but other clubs may not value him as highly as Potter or Albion fans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is there anything in print where Biss has expressed an interest in moving one, or are we just reading between the lines on one GP soundbite?

Looks to me like he is loving his football here

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Oh not itk. Just a very high conviction that’s something’s been afoot for a while based on club statements, his contact and Biss on social media.

I really hope not.
One of the saddest things about this season is missing being at the Amex to see Bissouma in his pomp.
His chant is always a highlight and that would have been ringing out repeatedly this season.

Hoping we get a chance to enjoy him for one more season (at least)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh not itk. Just a very high conviction that’s something’s been afoot for a while based on club statements, his contact and Biss on social media.

The club have certainly been preparing the fans for a big departure time after time.

Biss keeps bossing Pig-Six midfielders time after time. The evidence is there to see on the pitch in almost every match. People are on cloud cuckoo land if they think Biss will be playing for us come August.

Tony will extract maximum value for us though.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I don’t think the big 6 or any others have got the money for a £40+m transfer at present. I expect this transfer window to be the lowest in years with even players being released so that can move for nothing and clubs reducing wage bill. COVID isn’t finished and grounds won’t be full for a long time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here