Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Working from home - telephone surveys and the like.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Backstory?
Accountant made a mistake with my self-assessment and I over paid by 745 quid. He quickly realized, and re-submitted the self-assessment and requested a refund. This was November 2022. Heard nothing for 6 months. Accountant queried this, they claimed they hadn’t received anything, accountant had a reference number or something relating to the resubmission, they then changed their story and said they mislaid it, we filed again, nothing, kept ringing, told they’d investigate and call back, nothing, this cycle happened a number of times until someone said it was in a 6 month backlog, another call and they said they didn’t have any record a second time, accountant submitted a third time and a month later the money arrived.

Really is piss poor.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Accountant made a mistake with my self-assessment and I over paid by 745 quid. He quickly realized, and re-submitted the self-assessment and requested a refund. This was November 2022. Heard nothing for 6 months. Accountant queried this, they claimed they hadn’t received anything, accountant had a reference number or something relating to the resubmission, they then changed their story and said they mislaid it, we filed again, nothing, kept ringing, told they’d investigate and call back, nothing, this cycle happened a number of times until someone said it was in a 6 month backlog, another call and they said they didn’t have any record a second time, accountant submitted a third time and a month later the money arrived.

Really is piss poor.
That sounds unlucky, I overpaid on mine a few years ago, realised my mistake and immediately updated and got refunded fairly quickly., At least after that much time you had probably written it off so getting it is a bonus.

Was the accountant at any point admitting liability and willing to cough up to you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That sounds unlucky, I overpaid on mine a few years ago, realised my mistake and immediately updated and got refunded fairly quickly., At least after that much time you had probably written it off so getting it is a bonus.

Was the accountant at any point admitting liability and willing to cough up to you?
Easter bonus! I like your positivity 😀

Maybe being an expat complicated things for me. Who knows.

The accountant has looked after me for 28 years now, and done a good job so his liability was never on the table as far as I’m concerned. Thankfully I wasn’t reliant on the money so it was “frustrating” as opposed to anything else.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Easter bonus! I like your positivity 😀

Maybe being an expat complicated things for me. Who knows.

The accountant has looked after me for 28 years now, and done a good job so his liability was never on the table as far as I’m concerned. Thankfully I wasn’t reliant on the money so it was “frustrating” as opposed to anything else.
What with late payment penalties, interest on the £745 and interest on the penalties too, you should be quids in.

It works that way round too doesn't it? ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What with late payment penalties, interest on the £745 and interest on the penalties too, you should be quids in.

It works that way round too doesn't it? ???
I have spent around 5 hours pursuing this. Maybe lost income as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here