Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wolves fined £100k for Homophobic Chanting

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Not absolutely certain what the chant was but a quick search brings up a phrase including Chelsea, rent and boys.
This is judged to breach FA Discrimination rules.
“Acts of discrimination are offensive, abusive and harm the dignity of the individuals that are subjected to them. Discrimination can affect an individual’s mental health and sense of well-being, and also harm others around them. Discrimination does not just affect the recipient of the abuse and ultimately it has a significant negative impact on spectators, viewers, other participants, the integrity of football, and the public’s perception of the game as a whole.”
You could see that many football chants could fall foul of this. Thoughts?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
West Ham take note

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Probably paid with taxpayer money.

That's incorrect. There has been no cash advanced to them. When I looked into it seems like some kind of loan underpinning guarantee. They haven't been given any money.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's incorrect. There has been no cash advanced to them. When I looked into it seems like some kind of loan underpinning guarantee. They haven't been given any money.
Thanks. I'm sure earlier reports suggested it was going to help their cash flow, but to be honest, I was just trying to come up with a link to post it in this thread because I hadn't seen it brought up anywhere else and didn't want to start a new thread over it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks. I'm sure earlier reports suggested it was going to help their cash flow, but to be honest, I was just trying to come up with a link to post it in this thread because I hadn't seen it brought up anywhere else and didn't want to start a new thread over it.
I got the info here:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Wolves fans were well out of order. Rent boys are people who allow themselves to be buggered by foreign cocks in exchange for money. Chelsea fans have never got a penny from Boehly.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
You can stick you hundred thousand up your arse,
You can stick you hundred thousand up your arse,
You can stick your hundred thousand,
Stick your hundred thousand,
You can stick your hundred thousand up your arse.

There's a song for everything on here.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Really annoys me that we've had it for decades and f.a. is done yet the moment a few Chelsea boys get upset all hell breaks loose
I think seeing the look, and fear, on the faces of Wolves fans as we retorted ‘Come over here and take it up the arse!’ was much more fun than gloating over a sanction from the F:A.. This happened pre 2006, and comes from the era when ‘You’re too ugly to be gay’ was just soooo much fun to shoot opposition fans down with.

Who remembers Stoke away, last game of the season promotion party with 5000 Albion fans in fancy dress? The first BIG chant from us pre kick off was ‘We’re from a town full of homosexuals’, not one homophobic chant was heard for the rest of the day. Silly laws are much less fun.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Were they told to pack it in? 🤔

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here