Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Woeful

el punal

We’re just about halfway through the season’s fixtures and it’s becoming clearer as to the progress, good and bad, of the teams involved. Obviously Arsenal and Newcastle so far have been exceptional, Man City are there as well with Man Utd improving too. Special mentions for us, Brentford and Fulham too.

But it’s at the other end of the table that is intriguing. This last week has demonstrated how poor some of the ‘established’ Premier League clubs are performing. The two that spring to mind are Southampton and Everton whom at present are awful, and, to be honest, don’t look as if their fortunes are going to change any time soon. West Ham are on dodgy ground too. Add Bournemouth and possibly Wolves and Forest to that list as well.

As it stands my predictions for the big drop come May will be Southampton, Everton and Bournemouth. I reckon Forest will have enough fighting spirit to stay up. Wolves should be okay. Leeds and West Ham will definitely be looking over their shoulders.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Southampton & Bournemouth are nailed on relegation fodder, the last place is up for grabs, there is always one team that tail spins into a downward spiral, we all would love that to be Palace, but I think they have too much about them. Leeds I think could be that team.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Interesting to note our final few games here:

25th April - Forest vs Albion
29th April - Albion vs Wolves
6th May - Albion vs Everton
20th May - Albion vs Southampton

Looks like we could have a say in who gets the drop come 28th May.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watched the second half of the Soton game last night, both teams shite.

Interestingly rockl bottom Soton have Everton next, this game could well result in a sacking

Stumpy Tim

I tend to look at Goal Difference as a good indicator, which suggests Southampton, Bournmouth, Forest and Wolves are the worst of the bunch. However, Wolves and Forest seem to be picking up. It may be the year we see Everton go down - they're a mess. Horrific recruitment and a bang average manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here