Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Witness to Car v Motorcycle Accident - Advice Needed

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In repsose to the OP, so what if you get pulled into something, ok it might or might not be nice, might or might not add some extra work to your life, but atleast you can look yourself in the mirro and say "I did the right thing".

Theres no use pointing the finger and saying 'noone does that' and not doing it yourself, like some posters on here are saying.

Personal integrity and personal sense of doing whats right has its own rewards from yourself. Yes a "Thank You" would be nice, but thats not WHY you should do it. You should want to do it because you want to do tyhe right thing and the attitude of 'looking after No 1' is what is helping to make this society worse.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Cynical? Bitter? Twisted? Warped views? Not much.

There are a LOT of really nice kids out there which are decent and not the liars you are protraying them to be. There are plenty of yoof who contribute to society and are a valuable member of our community. No idea whats got your knickers in a twist but your views are plain wrong.

Infact your attitude is exactly what is wrong with society. Your previous post which says " My advice be to stay away, as you’re realising there’s more to come in terms of time and even expense and you get no thanks for either! I learnt hard way and say feck ‘em next time. Life’s shit when someone without insurance, a born liar crashes into you but that’s life eh? Tell them to politely deal with it and not to contact you again. Best luck! " shows that you ARE the problem, you and those like you which have the attitude of feck everyone else.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Imo, like, of course.

:facepalm::dunce::postwhore:

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Always been the way.

I was a novice driver in 1983 when a car drifted into my lane opposite Roedean mini golf course and we crashed. The 70 year old driver apologised profusely, "all his fault" we exchanged details. A lovely bloke, a retired copper. We were the only two cars in sight on a quiet midweek morning.

Once the claim progressed, a witness appeared for the other driver claiming I'd driven into the other car. A serving off-duty police officer, "he'd seen it all".

This is true story and they were the people we must trust implicitly.
Just out of interest what was the result of your case? (If you don't mind me asking. Feel free to not reply)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Always been the way.

I was a novice driver in 1983 when a car drifted into my lane opposite Roedean mini golf course and we crashed. The 70 year old driver apologised profusely, "all his fault" we exchanged details. A lovely bloke, a retired copper. We were the only two cars in sight on a quiet midweek morning.

Once the claim progressed, a witness appeared for the other driver claiming I'd driven into the other car. A serving off-duty police officer, "he'd seen it all".

Nothing to do with accidents, a few years ago now I got pulled over late at night returning home after a call out. A couple of nosey plod what you doing etc etc. Anyway one of the idiots finds a reminder letter to pay a parking ticket on the passenger seat as I forgot to pay in the first 14 days, he’s getting all excited thinking he can do me for it until his mate had to remind him it’s a civil matter :facepalm: I started to laugh and said I think your partner needs to go back to police school. Trust that lot implicitly no thanks.

Last edited:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nothing to do with accidents, a few years ago now I got pulled over late at night returning home after a call out. A couple of nosey plod what you doing etc etc. Anyway one of the idiots finds a reminder letter to pay a parking ticket on the passenger seat as I forgot to pay in the first 14 days, he’s getting all excited thinking he can do me for it until his mate had to remind him it’s a civil matter :facepalm: I started to laugh and said I think your partner needs to go back to police school. Trust that lot implicitly no thanks.

In the early 90’s I was driving down Edward Street towards the Pavilion/Church Street in the rush hour. All cars in both lanes were then heading north. I went across a green turning to amber …. several cars in both lanes crossed the lights after me.

It was a police trap. A copper on his radio was hiding and informing colleagues by The Dome gate which cars to pull over going across a red. No photos.

Incredibly, they said just me.

I’ve never been rude to the emergency services and wasn’t then.

I said I went through a green turning amber and several cars crossed behind me.

The copper simply laughed “Take it to a Magistrates Court then, who do you think they’re going to believe?”.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just out of interest what was the result of your case? (If you don't mind me asking. Feel free to not reply)

I was philosophical, knew I couldn’t win, so it went down as a two vehicle accident caused by me.

My insurers weren’t interested in my uncorroborated version of events.

No points or legitimate police involvement.

So I lost my first ever year’s NCD and faced higher premiums from loading for a couple of years.

Thankfully in real terms insurance for teens was much cheaper then.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This is the problem. Liars everywhere. Poor parental upbringings. A society that believes saying sorry or being in the wrong is weak. Everyday it feels like the vast majority of people out there are simply out for themselves and at any cost. The rest of us can go **** our selves as far as they’re concerned.

The really worrying thing is LOTS of these types are reading my post right now - yes, YOU! Why are you and your children such a drain on our society and why can’t you do the decent thing?

Well that definitely describes Boris, most Conservative MPs and a fair few on the opposite benches.
A fish rots from the head.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Always been the way.

Doesn’t surprise me in the least unfortunately, in cahoots and not to be trusted the lot of them.
Even the “lovely” ones.

That aside, to the OP. It may make a difference if you speak up and help rather than keep schtum and let the liars win again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here