Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With a full strength team...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We really should be aiming for the playoffs this season. We were class today and if Kuszczak was in goal I think we may have even nicked the win! No Orlandi or Vicente in the starting 11 who are without question two of our best players. We also got very unlucky being forced into two changes before the 2nd half. Thing are looking up, especially if Gus can get a quality centre back in before the end of January and Ulloa performs like that week in week out.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If we can keep playing like we did for 3/4 of this game we should be aiming for the title.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If we can keep playing like we did for 3/4 of this game we should be aiming for the title.

I think it's too late for that now, unless we can do a Reading and put together an outstanding run of games!

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
with 18 games to go i think auto promotion isnt completely lost, its only 8 points. but i feel that we should be definitely in the play offs come seasons end

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I think it's too late for that now, unless we can do a Reading and put together an outstanding run of games!

Thats not beyond the realms of possibility. We have drawn the most games of any team in the league. All we need to do is start converting 75% of those into wins and we will be looking very good indeed.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We should be aiming for auto promo place with this squad probably won't make it but it should be the aim.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good win for Watford today 3/0 away.....next up SW and they won 2/1 away at Charlton...every game is going to be a battle...we've just got to make sure we are up for it

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No chance for the title like Reading - Cardiff are all but certainties for that now, but I see no reason why we can't get automatic promotion if we go on a good run.

If we play like we did today again some teams in the league, we would smash them.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Getting better and better aren't we. Just like the stated aim all along. If only we'd played Koosh I think the whole football world would have seen our performance and better result and half the players in the world would be wanting to come here and get into the Prem with us at the Amex

Today reminded me of the good old days the days when we were in the old division 1 and what we can achieve again...a fantastic atmosphere and a superb performance against 1 of the top 4....we can reach the promised land this season via the play offs but remember we don't have teams in the championship that allow us to play our game as opposed to arsenal who play the same way but have that better quality and speed. Playing championship football is more of a battle and we have to overcome that battle in the coming weeks to make a real push for the top 6 but on todays showing I think we will be close

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Birmingham home, Ipswich home, Middlesborough home & then Arsenal. How f***ing frustrating it must be for Poyet, talk about Jekyll & Hyde

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Strange as it may seem, I have a feeling that we played better today than the majority of our Championship games because of Arsenal. We were encouraged by them to pass the ball and have lots of movement. Purely because it would allow them to do the same. Arsenal were confident that in a game of who plays the sexier football they would come out on top. Which they did, just.
However, no Championship team will feel confident doing that. We need to earn the right to play like that in the league. So yes, we played our part in a fantastic game of football. But we need to play our part in poor games of football and still get the three points in order to gain promotion.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
But we need to play our part in poor games of football and still get the three points in order to gain promotion.

I think having the presence of Ulloa upfront, both with his back to goal and in the air, could make the difference between drawing scrappy games and killing teams off

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I think having the presence of Ulloa upfront, both with his back to goal and in the air, could make the difference between drawing scrappy games and killing teams off

Hoping this is true. Saw some lovely control, passing and touch from him. Think that putting pressure on him to be our "saviour" will be too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here