Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we get ravaged in the summer?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been said. Considering how close we are going to be getting to Europe this year (if we don't actually make it), given how all the players seem to love RDZ and how all the press and pundits are lauding how the club is run, I don't think we are in for too much of a ball kicking. If we win the Cup and can afford to pay what is required I don't really see us l losing any that we don't want to. This squad is going to be dynamite next year and they all know it. If Ali Mac hadn't just got a world cup winners medal I may have been a tad worried, but he has, and not much in sport will ever top that, so I see him wanting to stay. But one thing I am certain of and would bet everything I have and everything I have ever had, TB will be onto all this and will have as much covered as is possible. To say it once again, in the past we have had some shitty owners and we have been completely screwed over, but while this bloke is in charge that will never happen. I can only hope to meet the man one day, and thank him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As validated in the January window, we will only deal on our terms which includes being good for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Will 1 or 2 leave, probably if the terms and replacement are right.

Will we get ravaged, No
This. We’ve had transfer income of about 150-160m this season, so we’re in a position of strength with no need to sell anyone. So if anyone is sold, it will be for huge sums.

Such a negative thread from the OP. I personally can’t see anything but positives from having the set of players we have and with a manager getting the most out of them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A DULLARD posted yesterday that the club made a profit in the latest accounts. That money needs to be invested IMO in moving us up from the bottom of the EPL wages list. Increase our key players' wages and that may encourage them to stay. Most players will leave when a club offers them 3x or 4x what we are currently paying them.
I can only assume you weren't around in 1979 onwards to see what high wages did to us as a club ?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I can only assume you weren't around in 1979 onwards to see what high wages did to us as a club ?
To be honest looking at the wage tables @rippleman has a point, our wages aren't just low compared to the teams around us they are bargain basement. If the figures are correct Mitoma and Ferguson are going to want a massive pay rises, further up the scale so will Ali Mac, Caicedo (I suspect his has already been increased) Even those on what I would consider crazy money are on a pittance compared to their peers. But I get your point there is nothing to be gained in bankrupting the club for the potential of a glory season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here