Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will RDZ Be As Sensible As Peter Taylor (No. 2)?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry folks a bit of a long winded thread title, complicated by the fact we have had two Peter Taylor's manage our club, not just one.

I was reminded of the time when Micky Adams, having led the Albion to the then third division title in 2000/01 jumped ship and decamped to Leicester City to join his old mate Harry Basset.

Replaced in the hot seat by Peter Taylor and playing in a higher division, l was concerned that he would immediately change the playing style that had brought us so much success, and introduce his own methodolgy.

Thankfully and to everyones relief he didn't, and just helped the team to tick along, and we were rewarded with a second successive promotion, this time into the Championship at the end of the season.

So fast forward twenty odd years and we have a similar scenario, a new manager taking over a successful team with a winning habit. I hope, and believe that Roberto realises what a good thing he is on to, and just let's things continue to evolve. A few tweaks here and there, yes by all means. But wholesale changes? definately not.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Peter Taylor left the team to get on with because they were on auto pilot. I don’t think he ever had any intention of anything other than use us as a stepping stone. Must have been rubbing his hands together when we did so well. I think RDZ sees this as a promotion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Peter Taylor left the team to get on with because they were on auto pilot. I don’t think he ever had any intention of anything other than use us as a stepping stone. Must have been rubbing his hands together when we did so well. I think RDZ sees this as a promotion.

Yep.

Back in the olden days, if it rained, it was a sign.
If it didn't rain, it was a sign.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
doesn't need to change it while its working well. the challenge will come when we have a run of poor results.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry folks a bit of a long winded thread title, complicated by the fact we have had two Peter Taylor's manage our club, not just one.

I was reminded of the time when Micky Adams, having led the Albion to the then third division title in 2000/01 jumped ship and decamped to Leicester City to join his old mate Harry Basset.

Replaced in the hot seat by Peter Taylor and playing in a higher division, l was concerned that he would immediately change the playing style that had brought us so much success, and introduce his own methodolgy.

Thankfully and to everyones relief he didn't, and just helped the team to tick along, and we were rewarded with a second successive promotion, this time into the Championship at the end of the season.

So fast forward twenty odd years and we have a similar scenario, a new manager taking over a successful team with a winning habit. I hope, and believe that Roberto realises what a good thing he is on to, and just let's things continue to evolve. A few tweaks here and there, yes by all means. But wholesale changes? definately not.
You mean RDZ could get us into the Championship too?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Peter Taylor and Oscar Garcia both did a decent enough job for us in the short time they were here, but you couldn't imagine either providing a rousing inspirational half time team talk and both were happy to leave at the earliest opportunity. I hope RDZ shows a little more passion and commitment.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
In Peter Taylor’s second game in charge ( a bloody freezing night at Notts County) we went 2-0 down due to playing a more ‘patient’ style before we reverted to type and came back to draw 2-2. Two Gary Hart goals if I remember right.
He had a more ‘possession based’ style than Adams but overall kept things relatively the same.
I remember that game well as I was so bloody cold.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not like Peter Taylor, no. The club now has a system that the coach is there to implement whether that be Potter or RDZ. Personally I think RDZ is potentially an even better fit for us than his predecessor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here