Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will It Eventually Click ? .

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Once again we played the opposition of the park with no reward . Am i being foolish thinking it all has to come together eventually . Last night we dropped all the soppy dangerous passing at the back , and i see this as one of the changes GP is making to speed play up , and hopefully he will stop this rubbish with two players at a corner . I am still optimistic that we will start scoring some of our chances , i would love to sign a descent striker , but in the mean time shirley our lads cant keep missing game in game out ? . It has to click at some time ! , or have we reached our ceiling ( i think i heard that somewhere before ) .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wouldn't be the first team to attempt to play the game with the best of intentions and the worst of budgets. Result usually ends up the same. Que sera sera :shrug:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Yes it will.

Taps nose.

17 November 2024, at home vs Everton.

We’ll go two goals up.

Keep the faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Right now it seems we have a decent keeper, a settled defense, and a midfield that's controlling games & creating chances. Its just not clicking up front. But all that positivity in the rest of our game has come at a time when 2 strikers who arguably would be starting games have been injured. My hope is that once Welbeck, Connolly, and even maybe Andone are fit then the goals will come. Having those extra strikers to bring off the bench and rotate will help us no end.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think if we take the attitude 'let's just keep doing what we're doing, it'll all click eventually', then no, it won't. It would have done so by now if it was going to.

If we take the attitude 'we're almost there, we need to tweak/change something and it will click', then yeah, of course, as long as we make the right tweak/change. Whether that is a change of manager to one with similar philosophy, but better striker coaching record, or just bringing in a striker coach, or bringing in new players, or tweaking the tactics (we saw more long range efforts rather than trying to walk the ball in last night, would be nice to see more players get in the box when we attack), an attitude adjustment (compare our 'we can't possibly expect to beat anyone, we should just be grateful they let us take part in the premier league' type attitude to the 'we don't care about your rep' attitude Sheff Utd showed last season (which appear sto have been replaced with a 'what is football?' attitude this season), or the 'we're where we belong and we will tear it up' attitude of Leeds) or whatever. We can't act like everything is fine and dandy and it's just a matter of perservering and it'll all turn out in the end.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think if we take the attitude 'let's just keep doing what we're doing, it'll all click eventually', then no, it won't. It would have done so by now if it was going to.

If we take the attitude 'we're almost there, we need to tweak/change something and it will click', then yeah, of course, as long as we make the right tweak/change. Whether that is a change of manager to one with similar philosophy, but better striker coaching record, or just bringing in a striker coach, or bringing in new players, or tweaking the tactics (we saw more long range efforts rather than trying to walk the ball in last night, would be nice to see more players get in the box when we attack), an attitude adjustment (compare our 'we can't possibly expect to beat anyone, we should just be grateful they let us take part in the premier league' type attitude to the 'we don't care about your rep' attitude Sheff Utd showed last season (which appear sto have been replaced with a 'what is football?' attitude this season), or the 'we're where we belong and we will tear it up' attitude of Leeds) or whatever. We can't act like everything is fine and dandy and it's just a matter of perservering and it'll all turn out in the end.

How would you measure "striker coaching record"?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Right now it seems we have a decent keeper, a settled defense, and a midfield that's controlling games & creating chances. Its just not clicking up front. But all that positivity in the rest of our game has come at a time when 2 strikers who arguably would be starting games have been injured. My hope is that once Welbeck, Connolly, and even maybe Andone are fit then the goals will come. Having those extra strikers to bring off the bench and rotate will help us no end.

pretty much this but it will only 'click' when our strikers and others realise that you have to put the ball past the keeper, usually to either side and inside the white post thingies, and not kick it straight at him. We seem intent on giving opposition keepers a lot of catching practice, but no diving practice.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I believe it will, yes. I'm not 100% confident, no. But Potter is doing the right things, building from the back, making us hard to beat, and I do believe it will eventually get there across the team.

For me the key is Potter's own development as a coach and manager, he's not the finished article yet either, many of those calling for a change of coach probably think he is currently as good as he will ever get, but I don't believe that for a minute and want his development to be with us because they is so much potential there. Top managers are not made overnight and it's his own progression that will determine if and when we 'get there', in my opinion.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I believe it will, yes. I'm not 100% confident, no. But Potter is doing the right things, building from the back, making us hard to beat, and I do believe it will eventually get there across the team.

For me the key is Potter's own development as a coach and manager, he's not the finished article yet either, many of those calling for a change of coach probably think he is currently as good as he will ever get, but I don't believe that for a minute and want his development to be with us because they is so much potential there. Top managers are not made overnight and it's his own progression that will determine if and when we 'get there', in my opinion.

Good point about GP developing , some managers are too stubborn to make the necessary changes , i think he will .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

It’s nice to read some sense on here occasionally

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Well I've been reading the lickers posting on here for about three years now saying "sooner or later we are going to put a hat full past somebody" and it hasn't happened yet.

I just think some people are fantasists and like to kid themselves. I'm more of a realist and have already accepted we'll probably get relegated this season. Anything better will be a massive bonus in my eyes.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If, when... I’m past caring. A goal a goal. My season ticket for a GOAL! :(

For the love of Christ, more banjo practice is needed. Cows have never had it so good!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Are we now the team that is "too good to go down". Kiss of death if we are.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

At last some decent perspective admist a fog of old bollox on NSC :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here