Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will England beat Ukraine?

Will England beat Ukraine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I have a nasty feeling that a bit like the Albion they'll play poorly against poor opposition and won't be able to raise their game as it's not the likes of Belgium or Italy.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
They were the worst of the 3rd placed qualifiers, are ranked 24th in the world to Englands 4th, played extra time, took a load of injuries and potentially have one of their best players out, have had to travel more than us...

Ukraine 1-0 England

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think it’ll be tougher then people think.

Sadly many England fans expect/demand entertaining 3 or 4-0 wins for no good reason (look at the criticisms some are still making). I think these people will be disappointed regardless of the outcome.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yes.

I think Ukraine are fortunate to be in the QF, they were fortunate to get out of their group.
I actually think this could be a mirror of the QF in 18 when we properly took Sweden apart (2-0 flattered Sweden). Kane’s goal on Tuesday ’could’ be massive for him and England.
I’m far more worried about the semi if we get there though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's football ANYTHING could happen

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, but it'll be tougher than many think.

They will fight their arses off and it'll be another 1-0, or possibly 2-0/2-1. Foden to come to the party.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have only had a spell of about 20min of showing what we are capable of in each of our games and here we are in the quarters. Still think there is lots more to come from the team and confidence from Monday I think we will win this one

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If we play in the first half then absolutely, yes. If we leave it to the 75th minute to start playing again, it might already be too late but I'm pretty confident we can manage the threat from Yarmolenko and Zinchenko. The full backs get forward but without too much quality so I would like to think a few runs from Trippier and Shaw should make them reign it in a bit.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I voted no for the Germany game so voting no for this. Hope the players don't have the same mindset as you lot!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only enemy going into this is complacency. Ukraine have done well and ridden their luck to get this far. They were appalling in losing to Austria in the group, and looked out on their feet in extra time against the Swedes, pretty much winning it with a Hail Mary. their best forward Yarmalenko limped his way through the last half hour and is apparently struggling to be ready for Saturday.

If England play with the same concentration and intensity they've shown so far and don't fall into the trap of 'just turning up' for the win, then I cannot see a way for Ukraine to get past us. Its likely to be attritional and won't be a classic, but I think we'll control it and eventually break them. Especially with the embarrassment of riches we have to throw at them from the bench when they tire.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If England play with the same concentration and intensity they've shown so far and don't fall into the trap of 'just turning up' for the win, then I cannot see a way for Ukraine to get past us. Its likely to be attritional and won't be a classic, but I think we'll control it and eventually break them. Especially with the embarrassment of riches we have to throw at them from the bench when they tire.

This seems to be the gameplan - control/dictate/strangle the game, then kill them in the final 30 mins with our subs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Less confident re this win than I was the last, but yeah I reckon England will squeak it.

At that point I'll start writing 'we' and that means England will be going out!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here