Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will El Galgo get a contract renewal?

Will El Galgo get a contract renewal

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly, I think the fact that he

(a) has long hair thus stands out on the pitch
(b) is a Character
(c) has a certain attacking flair
(d) annoyed Zaha

have been allowed tocompletely mask the fact that he frequently looks absolute village when asked to defend.

Call me picky, but I do like my defenders to have a modicum of defensiveness about them. If we want to progress, then we will need technically proficient, good defenders to do it. Sadly I don't see Schelotto as being one of them.

Boo!

(Hops on bus and takes out a copy of M.W Craven's new Avison Fluke yarn, looking moderately peeved).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out on the wings just as much, if not more so. Our options are Trossard, March and Ali J who isn't even making the squad at the moment. GP doesn't always use out and out wingers but is that out of necessity?

I think he probably prefers to have his full backs (or wing backs) providing the width.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Out on the wings just as much, if not more so. Our options are Trossard, March and Ali J who isn't even making the squad at the moment. GP doesn't always use out and out wingers but is that out of necessity?

Call them inverted wingers, part of a front 3 or whatever, your point is still correct. Our creative options are not good enough. Need some pace up there and something to scare the oppo. I think if I was a PL level defender, Solly March turning back to play the easy pass (again) or running down a blind alley (again) would not concern me much. The only player we have who scares defenders is somewhere in Colombia with a dodgy knee

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
He is a great backup as long as he is happy with that. Cant fault him for effort and I dont expect his contract to cost the earth.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
..................who must be a bit pi88ed off - there was no Lamptey on the horizon when he joined!

Indeed. He didn’t see a route into PSG’s first team so came here looking for a break!

Incidentally, Reece James came on for Chelsea vs Villa for the final 5mins or so. Being a defensive sub is tough but he looked awful bless him. I am convinced Chelsea backed the wrong horse.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m not convinced he’s that good, or Montoya so I’d not be upset if we got rid of both and bought in another RB to compete with Lamptey

Of course we don’t know what happened but when Galgo was never even in the squad under Hughton he seemed more interested in shopping round Brighton then even going to games when were at home which was odd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here