Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will anyone be booking holidays now?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Just wondering - will there be some brave souls out there booking holidays or flights for later in the year or 2021?

Personally I wouldn't as I have no idea when this will end and whether companies / airlines will go bust in the interim. Do you think all these companies are getting zero new bookings or will there be some brave bargain hunters out there?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just wondering - will there be some brave souls out there booking holidays or flights for later in the year or 2021?

Personally I wouldn't as I have no idea when this will end and whether companies / airlines will go bust in the interim. Do you think all these companies are getting zero new bookings or will there be some brave bargain hunters out there?

As a travel company I can tell you that we are getting close on zero future bookings or even telephone calls or email enquiries.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I have booked to go to Poland at Christmas. Hoping rather than confident that this will be all over by then!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As a travel company I can tell you that we are getting close on zero future bookings or even telephone calls or email enquiries.
Are there bargains to be had for those willing to book ahead? Could a nice holiday be booked for next Easter for instance? Deposit only upfront of course...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are there bargains to be had for those willing to book ahead? Could a nice holiday be booked for next Easter for instance? Deposit only upfront of course...

The opposite..... prices are at a premium at the moment for 9-12 month time. They have a lot of money to make back - if they all survive...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The opposite..... prices are at a premium at the moment for 9-12 month time. They have a lot of money to make back - if they all survive...

I can't help feeling that CV19 will actually do some good for the industry. It is currently way too competitive with airlines and agents working on tiny margins - it doesn't take much for any of them to go bust and with that, strand/let down thousands of punters. This situation is extreme, but it has been ash clouds, bad weather, industrial action, natural disasters - they are all disastrous for the airline industry (and travel agents by extension)

I wonder if it would actually better to have fewer airlines charging higher prices (perhaps paying into some disaster fund?) enabling them to operate through these difficult times.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We don‘t do package holidays just business travel so can’t help I’m afraid.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You would be bonkers to book anything this year at present. Most of the world seems to be mostly closed.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think holidays will resume at some point over summer, perhaps June or July, somewhere like Italy as one of the worst and earliest hit could be the first to open back up. That being said, nobody really knows how long it could be. I’m having a nightmare with TUI at the moment waiting for a refund for my holiday that was booked for 7th April.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I can't help feeling that CV19 will actually do some good for the industry. It is currently way too competitive with airlines and agents working on tiny margins - it doesn't take much for any of them to go bust and with that, strand/let down thousands of punters. This situation is extreme, but it has been ash clouds, bad weather, industrial action, natural disasters - they are all disastrous for the airline industry (and travel agents by extension)

I wonder if it would actually better to have fewer airlines charging higher prices (perhaps paying into some disaster fund?) enabling them to operate through these difficult times.

Also some questions to ask about how the airlines are run.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/18/america-airlines-bailout-shareholders-coronavirus

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Might book one for October once Travel Republic sort out an outstanding claim over the Dust Cloud issue on February

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here