Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilf…

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
As a hypothetical question, would you want him to sign for us? Would having a Palace ‘hero’ / ‘legend’ playing for us be too wrong to handle or would it be hilarious that a Palace ‘hero’ / ‘legend’ left them to sign for us?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He always got the rivalry and I respected him for that. Rumours of going to Arsenal on a free who knows, will be interesting to see how our friends up the road lead by the man they dragged out of the care home get on without him this coming season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think he'll sign a new deal with Palace. He knows he's not really good/young enough to kick on somewhere else. He just likes to make Palace grovel and beg him to stay. "You're still the best Dwayne, better than those young players. Please stay" 🤮

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think he'll sign a new deal with Palace. He knows he's not really good/young enough to kick on somewhere else. He just likes to make Palace grovel and beg him to stay. "You're still the best Dwayne, better than those young players. Please stay" 🤮
He's been offered a £200k a week, so why hasn't he signed that? I think I read that offer ran out yesterday!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Wilfred Zaha has just signed a two year contract with Crystal Palace.

The player had been linked with a move to Saudi Arabia, and also Arsenal, but an agreement has been reached between the club ad the player in the least few days, just as he was about to become a free agent.

The deal is believed to be worth around £250,000 per week.

Just my prediction of next week's headlines peeps - accurate or off beam?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wilfred Zaha has just signed a two year contract with Crystal Palace.

The player had been linked with a move to Saudi Arabia, and also Arsenal, but an agreement has been reached between the club ad the player in the least few days, just as he was about to become a free agent.

The deal is believed to be worth around £250,000 per week.

Just my prediction of next week's headlines peeps - accurate or off beam?
That’s some headline - eye catching!

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Just waiting for that phone to ring
1688201510567.png

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In some ways, im not sure they will be overly bothered with him leaving they can move on from him having to start every game whatever his form and move away from him being the central player.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have to say that any player who has got the better of us repeatedly, without scything down and maiming our players and who, to boot, had done some commendable things off the field, is hard to dislike. Of course we mock, because he's Palace.

If he were our player the main thing that would annoy me would be his evident and perpetual desire to move on to a 'bigger' club.

Anyway, the fate of Zaha and Palace are of only passing interest to me these days. It may all change when we are scrapping together to get out of the Championship again in 3 or 4 years time, though.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wilf is one of the only players who 'gets' the BHA/Palace thing. It's a hatred verging on a marriage. Which other two teams play a friendly between their supporters? When he scores he always stands in front of the Albion supporters to jeer us, and we love it. Meet him in the street and we'd shake his hand and have a laugh, whilst telling him he needs to play for a better team.
A few years ago I'd have had him in the team, but now I'm not too sure. Still able to do a job though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wilf is one of the only players who 'gets' the BHA/Palace thing. It's a hatred verging on a marriage. Which other two teams play a friendly between their supporters? When he scores he always stands in front of the Albion supporters to jeer us, and we love it. Meet him in the street and we'd shake his hand and have a laugh, whilst telling him he needs to play for a better team.
A few years ago I'd have had him in the team, but now I'm not too sure. Still able to do a job though.
The last few years wouldn't have been anywhere near as much fun if it weren't for Wilf and Lewis :thumbsup:

And, at the end of the day there's always

ED3ktJrXYAA9qIS.jpg

:laugh:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Sadly his brother has just died so he is in mourning I would think . Really he is a pantomime villain for us and I think he is probably a good egg .

That is a shame, where you hear that? Ive not seen it in the news.

Personally I think he's a decent player and seems like a decent bloke too in the few interviews I've see with him.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
He certainly could…. They’re always short behind the bars at The Amex
I think the language barrier would be an issue.

Let’s not forget how truly thick the bloke is, last time he left Palace he turned up to sign for United wearing a T shirt which pictured reality TV ‘star’ Imogen Thomas, the girl who Ryan Giggs ( a new team mate) had a super injunction against 🙈

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have to say that any player who has got the better of us repeatedly, without scything down and maiming our players and who, to boot, had done some commendable things off the field, is hard to dislike. Of course we mock, because he's Palace.

If he were our player the main thing that would annoy me would be his evident and perpetual desire to move on to a 'bigger' club.

Anyway, the fate of Zaha and Palace are of only passing interest to me these days. It may all change when we are scrapping together to get out of the Championship again in 3 or 4 years time, though.
Should have been sent off with a straight red in the game (maybe) where we beat them 3-1 with 'only ten men'. Horrendous challenge on Solly that definitely could have been a career ending moment. On that occasion March was lucky.

He is petulant and nasty on the pitch, a terrible advert for professionalism and I very much enjoy watching him and give him dog's abuse against us in the pantomime way, and he gets the rivalry. However he is a very decent person imo and I like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here