Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why RB Leipzig is the most hated team in the Bundesliga

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hammarby follow the 51% rule.

I dont "blame" Italy/UK for anything, we just dont want your ownership model over here. Its fine if you want it, its part of your culture and tradition, but as an outsider to say "**** your 51% model" is - at least - equally devilish to me suggesting that someone should start a BHA supporter club.

You know nothing about English football, English tradition or English life. :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yet Leipzig hasnt won a single title and are being villified by the western football league after what they did to the eastern football clubs. You cannot justify the hate.

1. Leipzig was founded ~20 years after East Germany fell.

2. Other East German clubs hate Leipzig with some fury. Because they are good? No - because they are cheating the 51% rule.

I feel like I have repeated myself 100 times but one more time and maybe it lands:
Football fans of Germany and Sweden want to keep the 51% rule, so let us dislike Leipzig for cheating it. Dont try to tell us why we should like and accept Leipzig.

"Yadda yadda Champions League, glory, gold, Abramovi.." WE DONT WANT IT!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

2. Other East German clubs hate Leipzig with some fury. Because they are good? No - because they are cheating the 51% rule.

I feel like I have repeated myself 100 times but one more time and maybe it lands:
Football fans of Germany and Sweden want to keep the 51% rule, so let us dislike Leipzig for cheating it. Dont try to tell us why we should like and accept Leipzig.

You attitude is totally sh1te and you act like a complete prick.

I would seriously tone it down and stop trying to create a new world from another country.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hammarby follow the 51% rule.

I dont "blame" Italy/UK for anything, we just dont want your ownership model over here. Its fine if you want it, its part of your culture and tradition, but as an outsider to say "**** your 51% model" is - at least - equally devilish to me suggesting that someone should start a BHA supporter club.

What’s your view on Bayern monopolising titles?

If they win it this season, they’ve won half the titles since the Bundesliga was formed. That’s Real Madrid, Celtic and PSG terrority, despite the wonderful German model.

How awful for a Schalke, Dortmund or Leverkusen supporter knowing each August, that only one club has the financial muscle to win the title come May.

Before this hate of Leipzig, Bayern Munich were despised outside their fanbase, and understandably so.

At least there’s serious competition in the PL. Even the billions of Mansour and Abramovich can’t maintain their league supremacy indefinitely.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Thats bullshit there are former east german clubs that competed in the european cup competitions that are in the eighth tier of german football and Bayern is financially bossing the league which all germans hate east and west. Whatever financial system is not working for anyone but Bayern so ooooooh cheats I can tell you what is obvious and unfair and when a club is being villified and another is not.

until it lands you arogant prick

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You know nothing about English football, English tradition or English life. :shrug:

True to an extent but I do know that a lot of UK clubs have a very long tradition of private ownership, correct?

And you guys in here know nothing about German/Swedish football, culture or life yet piss at its very core, so I guess its 1-1.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
True to an extent but I do know that a lot of UK clubs have a very long tradition of private ownership, correct?

And you guys in here know nothing about German/Swedish football, culture or life yet piss at its very core, so I guess its 1-1.

I have lived and worked in Germany so maybe wind your neck in

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thats bullshit there are former east german clubs that competed in the european cup competitions that are in the eighth tier of german football and Bayern is financially bossing the league which all germans hate east and west. Whatever financial system is not working for anyone but Bayern so ooooooh cheats I can tell you what is obvious and unfair and when a club is being villified and another is not.

until it lands you arogant prick

The 2020 ESPN article about Why RB Leipzig is the most hated team in the Bundesliga, touches upon football in the former East, and backs everything you’ve mentioned. It also mentions in passing that the old Lokomotive Leipzig had huge gates. You could say the Red Bull have resurrected a club in a large city, where the status quo led by Bayern would’ve preferred no new competition.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You are analysing a German club from a Swedish perspective. We are analysing a German club from and English perspective. There is no score - it isn't a competition.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You attitude is totally sh1te and you act like a complete prick.

I would seriously tone it down and stop trying to create a new world from another country.

I can understand your perspective generally but in this specfic case where the discussion is about Leipzig and their disgusting place in German football I think its possible for once that ideas, thoughts and opinions from the outside the UK should have equal value.

As for "shite attitude" - look at what people have been writing to me, what they are calling me, and tell me my attitude is any worse than most. Regardless of my opinions, its baffling that people out of puberty are treating other people like that.

The opinion I have expressed in this thread is:
We in Sweden/Germany like the 51% rule and want it to remain, so we dont like Leipzig.
You in the UK/a lot of other countries dont have the 51% rule and seem to want to keep it that way.
And thats fine, but if you say "**** your silly model", I'm defending it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can understand your perspective generally but in this specfic case where the discussion is about Leipzig and their disgusting place in German football I think its possible for once that ideas, thoughts and opinions from the outside the UK should have equal value.

As for "shite attitude" - look at what people have been writing to me, what they are calling me, and tell me my attitude is any worse than most. Regardless of my opinions, its baffling that people out of puberty are treating other people like that.

We in Sweden/Germany like the 51% rule and want it to remain, so we dont like Leipzig.
You in the UK/a lot of other countries dont have the 51% rule and seem to want to keep it that way.

Your opinions in general are totally misguided, remember you want to come over here and educate us on how to support our club and you wrote the most immature and pathetic email to our CEO.

You are managing in a very short space of time to become incredibly unpopular but crack on with your pitiful, misguided agenda as it really is a joke which is on you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Genuinely.

You seem different from the [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] before your ban. Now on a mission in almost every thread and post, very wound up, certainly not trying to persuade with charm.

What gives?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Genuinely.

You seem different from the [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] before your ban. Now on a mission in almost every thread and post, very wound up, certainly not trying to persuade with charm.

What gives?

I think I'm much the same, most I say go unnoticed but any slightly controversial view I express is interpreted in the worst possible way. I mean if you read the first post in the "supporter club" its - whatever you think of the idea - obviously well intended, yet everyone reads it as if I suggested that we should drain kittens in petrol and put them on fire.

Its also possible that I act a bit like I get treated. I'm always interested in debating, preferably in a calm, philosophical and informative manner, but my interest of maintaining that way gets a bit wobbly when most people seem more interested in screaming personal insults.

I have a rather thick skin and nothing reaches me personally, but it does probably affect my "debate" persona and now when you bring it up I will try to think about it more.

I think there is a lot of sensible people around here and that its possible to have intellectual and interesting discussions but how some grown adults can resort to personal insults, name calling and all that shit continues to baffle me.

And its just not about me, when I was banned I did some occasional (daily) reading here and its truly frightening sometimes because I know it affects a lot of people in a lot of bad ways. But thats a different story.

So.. to make it short: I'm (more or less) the same, just percieved differently.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think I'm much the same, most I say go unnoticed but any slightly controversial view I express is interpreted in the worst possible way. I mean if you read the first post in the "supporter club" its - whatever you think of the idea - obviously well intended, yet everyone reads it as if I suggested that we should drain kittens in petrol and put them on fire.

Its also possible that I act a bit like I get treated. I'm always interested in debating, preferably in a calm, philosophical and informative manner, but my interest of maintaining that way gets a bit wobbly when most people seem more interested in screaming personal insults.

I have a rather thick skin and nothing reaches me personally, but it does probably affect my "debate" persona and now when you bring it up I will try to think about it more.

I think there is a lot of sensible people around here and that its possible to have intellectual and interesting discussions but how some grown adults can resort to personal insults, name calling and all that shit continues to baffle me.

And its just not about me, when I was banned I did some occasional (daily) reading here and its truly frightening sometimes because I know it affects a lot of people in a lot of bad ways. But thats a different story.

So.. to make it short: I'm (more or less) the same, just percieved differently.

Said in good faith, try and lighten up a bit. Most posters are fair minded people. More people will listen to the content of your ideas if you appear open minded yourself and a bit more jovial.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Said in good faith, try and lighten up a bit. Most posters are fair minded people. More people will listen to the content of your ideas if you appear open minded yourself and a bit more jovial.

Yeah. Good advice.

Probably gonna avoid the few emotionally involving threads like this as well. But last thing on this topic, summarized in a civilized way:

The clueless "how can they have anything against billionaires as owners?" from page 1 onwards is just very frustrating to listen to for someone coming from a country where the whole football culture is built around the 51% rule. I imagine my feelings about it is sort of like when you saw me send that stupid email to mr Barber.

Got this dm yesterday which gave a bit of perspective (both as for how little I know about UK stuff but also how little most of you know of non-UK stuff):
pmmm.jpg

I'm not saying our football culture is "better" or "worse" (because I dont know, and its probably both better and worse in different ways) but what I do know is that we like it and that the 51% rule plays a monumental role in it.

And its the same thing in Germany (I've visited it 30+ times, went to 22 Bundesliga game in 7 different stadiums, so I'm not entirely out of the loop there), people really want the 51% rule. Find any poll about it and it will be very loud and clear. As plenty of you point out, people hate Bayern almost equally much to Leipzig, but VERY few would be willing to sacrifice the 51% rule for it.

So tldr to answer thread headline: People want the 51% rule and Leipzig isnt following it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

You're coming in for a lot of unfair abuse on this thread, but actually your underlying point is valid; it IS a good model. Way better than the way we do things in allowing any crook, sorry 'investor'; to buy up any club they like lock stock and barrel.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah. Good advice.

Probably gonna avoid the few emotionally involving threads like this as well. But last thing on this topic, summarized in a civilized way:

The clueless "how can they have anything against billionaires as owners?" from page 1 onwards is just very frustrating to listen to for someone coming from a country where the whole football culture is built around the 51% rule. I imagine my feelings about it is sort of like when you saw me send that stupid email to mr Barber.

Got this dm yesterday which gave a bit of perspective (both as for how little I know about UK stuff but also how little most of you know of non-UK stuff):
View attachment 120886

I'm not saying our football culture is "better" or "worse" (because I dont know, and its probably both better and worse in different ways) but what I do know is that we like it and that the 51% rule plays a monumental role in it.

And its the same thing in Germany (I've visited it 30+ times, went to 22 Bundesliga game in 7 different stadiums, so I'm not entirely out of the loop there), people really want the 51% rule. Find any poll about it and it will be very loud and clear. As plenty of you point out, people hate Bayern almost equally much to Leipzig, but VERY few would be willing to sacrifice the 51% rule for it.

So tldr to answer thread headline: People want the 51% rule and Leipzig isnt following it.

I never doubted that some posters respect your input and don’t like to see you rounded upon. Some kind comments on the Supporters Club thread.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
just to add to the bit about people on here not knowing anything about German football

i lived in Germany for 21 years, went to 11 stadiums in that time and moved back to Hove in October
and am now lucky enough to go to every home game at The Amex
there is a lot which is very good about the football experience in Germany
but please dont come on here and try and convert us

i miss my beer while watching the match
but even that saves me money and is good for my health
however there is not much else i miss compared to the Premier League
some very good chants and choreography but the piro loonies and drums in Germany really did get on my nerves

i repeat myself , i have many German footballing friends and yes they like the 51% rule
but the majority of them hate Bayern more than Leipzig
and most of the ones who dont are Bayern fans

thinking again, sadly there are so many Bayern fans in Germany ...
maybe you have a point!
But i dont think so!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ultimately I think it comes down to the established clubs not wanting to see their places threatened. Inevitably for one club to get bigger, another is going to get smaller. I don't particularly like the idea of a big company taking over a football club and changing its name... But it's not any different from what the Sheikh has done for Man City and the stable of "City" clubs he/they've since purchased. I think that's far worse franchising that anything Leipzig have done and the other point I would make is that investment is one thing, building a team and a club is quite another. They've built a very good football team at Leipzig and also at Salzburg in Austria, they're not afraid of blooding young players and banking big fees to sell them on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here