Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why has Bruno only scored 1 goal in the last 11 years?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone who has seen him knows how good he is on the ball and how attacking he is so surely it stands to reason he should pop up with the occaisonal 20 yard belter. But he has only scored once in 11 years, anyone got any theories as to why?

I'd like to kick it off suggesting he doesn't score because he has a deep routed fear of celebrating a goal.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
As a defender he's so well trained to stop balls going in the net that he simply can't bring himself to do it.

On a more serious answer I'd guess it's because he's used to playing much higher quality opposition. Probably the first reason though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe he's just saving up for a moment of absolute drama and smash in a 50 yard howitzer in the 96th minute to win the league.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
may only have 1 goal but I bet some statto can find out how many assists he has and bet the number is easily in double figures

would like link to the stats for it too if possible

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said, it's because he's been playing in The Greatest League in the World (TM The Premier league)
But now he's in England it's a walk in the park, on good money, happy days.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well he's going to have to learn to chip in with a few as Calde has popped up with a few important goals over the last couple of years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well he's going to have to learn to chip in with a few as Calde has popped up with a few important goals over the last couple of years.

Calde's goals have dug us out of a hole on many occasions for sure. Bruno looks nailed on to contribute a few this season. Certainly doesn't need much encouragement to get forward.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hmmmmmmmm....... !!!
He's a defender , although a supposedly attacking defender, doesn't mean he will score too many goals does it ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here