Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does Dick Knight run the club??

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
can the anti knighters explain this to me.

...and remeber he doesn't take a penny out of the club.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
He runs the club because we all got sucked-in by his lies and supported his efforts! Now, where is the £2m of new money for players?:nono:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was'nt gonna say anything but you've led me to this Mullers:

:shit:

That go's for your posts in other threads, the fact that you dont have a viable argument and your overal arrogance at what DK has done for the club - You are now officially on my Ignore list :salute:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
CrabtreeBHA said:
I was'nt gonna say anything but you've led me to this Mullers:

:shit:

That go's for your posts in other threads, the fact that you dont have a viable argument and your overal arrogance at what DK has done for the club - You are now officially on my Ignore list :salute:

Ouch, that told me!:tosser:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dick Knight is a blooming hero. I wouldn't want anyone else in charge of the Helm. Read and consider the facts below.

Pro's

1. Withdean Stadium - back from 150 mile round trip at Gillingham.
2. Brian Horton - great manager no 1.
3. Micky Adams - great manager no 2.
4. Bobby Zamora.
5. Division 3 championship.
6. Peter Taylor - great manager no 3.
7. Division 2 championship
8. Division 1 football - 3 years ahead of schedule
9. Falmer campaign
10. Steve Coppell - great manager no 4.

Cons:

1. Martin Hinshelwood

He'll do for me !.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
dwayne said:
can the anti knighters explain this to me.

...and remeber he doesn't take a penny out of the club.

So he doesn't get paid a monthly wage, I find that hard to beleive.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Why does Dick Knight run the club??

tinx said:
So he doesn't get paid a monthly wage, I find that hard to beleive.

He's retired a rich man. He doesn't need to take money out??

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why does Dick Knight run the Club?

Because he is the man that cared enough and had the means to get rid of the two ****s that were trying to kill us and turn things round creating a club that went from broke and homeless and bottm of the leage to the First division in 6 years. Thats f***ing why.

Gareth Glover said:
Dick Knight is a blooming hero. I wouldn't want anyone else in charge of the Helm. Read and consider the facts below.

Pro's

4. Bobby Zamora.
9. Falmer campaign

Cons:

1. Martin Hinshelwood

He'll do for me !.

Spot on. All this Knight basking is really starting to get on my f***ing tits. People seem to think we can just get rid of DK and get another chairman in. IT'S NOT THAT f***ing SIMPLE. Chairmen are not like managers, there's not loads of them out of work, constantly looking for clubs to plough millions into. And most are utter crooks.

Some people have got very short memories.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Safeway Seagull said:
Spot on. All this Knight basking is really starting to get on my f***ing tits. People seem to think we can just get rid of DK and get another chairman in. IT'S NOT THAT f***ing SIMPLE. Chairmen are not like managers, there's not loads of them out of work, constantly looking for clubs to plough millions into. And most are utter crooks.

Some people have got very short memories.

Well said. The number of f***ing idiots on this board has multiplied shitloads lately.

NewBoy

Jul 9, 2003
Mile Oak
I can't see why people are going against Knight, he has done a top job for this club and GG statement proves that. What do people want from him? We all know that without Falmer we can not attact the big players or do we have the money to do that until then. We have had a great three years, surely we must wait and see if falmer gets the green light before we even think about a new chairman.

Amen:D

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Quality fella. I met him many times during and after the struggle to seize control of the club. He had no intention of getting involved to the extent he has but strange twists of fate (like his wifes passing away) and a fervent desire to try to do something (remember just how close the club was to extinction) prompted him to get involved.

I remember him being acutely aware of his lack of expertise in running a football club and also that his personal finances might be a limitation when offset against what was needed as he is not a fabulously rich man in football terms.

I also remember that at deaths door for the Albion no-one else stepped forward to take the challenge on. He took on the club he supported when it had nothing and had been plundered beyond all recognition.

I suspect he himself would admit that he is learning how the business football works as he goes along and has made mistakes and will make more in the future. I for one though am pleased with the progress made thus far and still happy he is at the helm.

In answer to the original question, he started running it to make any positive difference he could. I guess he still runs it now because it still brings him joy.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know i'm not around much but i obviously missed the publication of Mullers masterplan to take over from Real, Milan and Utd.

Would Mullers be kind enough to republish please

Oh shit, i'm agreeing with dwayne

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Gareth Glover said:

Pro's

4. Bobby Zamora.
9. Falmer campaign

Cons:

1. Martin Hinshelwood

He'll do for me !.