Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why can't Percy.....

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Tau get a run out. Potter keeps playing that vertically challenged Irish man who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tau get a run out. Potter keeps playing that vertically challenged Irish man who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

He's not contributed a great deal on the occasions he's played thus far, and he's not a striker.

Other than that, good thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought this was going to be a Hywel Bennett thread :shrug:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Disagree - he looked good against Man City but was not a very good hold up man against leeds.... but we dont need to hold the ball up very often these days...

he looks quick and makes interesting runs, kind of like connolly used to before the belief drained out of him...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I think we will see different options being tried now. Even GP is going to run out of patience with our forward line.

Not sure if it will be Percy though

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe they haven’t found a spare banjo for him yet?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That vertically challenged Irish man gets into some good positions and is a pest to defenders. I'd be quite happy to see vertically challenged Percy come on for that almost as vertically challenged French man from time to time, but I'm not sure he hasn't got the same propensity as Ali J for getting in the way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Percy Tau's not had any kind of serious run out whatsover. Just like Alexis MacA was left to develop bench-splinters for months. What GIVES? Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen? Is that what they teach you on Open University Coaching Course 101 nowadays? Sake! :dunce:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Percy Tau's not had any kind of serious run out whatsover. Just like Alexis MacA was left to develop bench-splinters for months. What GIVES? Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen? Is that what they teach you on Open University Coaching Course 101 nowadays? Sake! :dunce:

Neither did I have any serious run out whatsoever. What gives?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Neither did I have any serious run out whatsoever. What gives?

Well here we go again. Once more being harangued by some random freak in mum's basement in Lund, Sweden with zero connection to our club other than his unrequited man-love for our dorky 'head coach'. It would actually be a wee bit scary if it weren't so funny :lolol:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Connolly reminds me of a lower Championship/Upper League One striker.

Buzzes about with the odd touch of class, but generally relies on his pace, and can't finish for toffee... more likely to get in the way than score a sitter.

Tau before Connolly every time for me.

Right now I largely agree but I think he's shown he can finish - his second goal against Tottenham, his goal against Burnley and the one at Newcastle are all good finishes. What he lacks is consistency, but he also lacks a consistent chance to play. I think he'll ram your words down your throat within the next two or three years but for the time being he's not offering enough to the team that his lack of goals isn't a problem. It is - we need goals from our attacking players and he doesn't look capable. I've said all season that he should have had a season of regular footballer at a lower level to help his development and my opinion has not changed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I think that now Potter's seen him up close and personal he realises we've bought a lemon.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
What we could really do with is a state of the art training facility where players can turn up each day, get changed, have food, massages and other stuff, set up drills and mini matches where the manager and coaches can run the rule over them and see who is ready to start a match or not.

Without that, I don't know how GP picks the lottery of his starting XI ahead of each match. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here