Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why are we looking for a new striker when Big Jurg is in the squad?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We’re just waiting for our investments to mature.

Last season, we signed a front three of Khadra, Welbeck & Zeqiri. This season we have signed a front three of Sarmiento, Sima & Mitoma.

We may we’ll have already signed that top striker, time will tell.

Well I hope they were all North of £20M. Apparently they don't stand a chance otherwise :shrug:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
He needs to go on loan to Leeds so Bielsa can turn him to a player.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I genuinely think, like Big Shane, Locadia may rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and make a real contribution. He is in the last chance saloon but he couldn’t have a better coach than Potter to help him find his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Shane never let us down in the first place. But, more pertinently when comparing him to Locadia - he has always given us 100%.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
To be fair to him I think we have put too much pressure on him to be a goalscorer. He is a right winger who had a run of goals with PSV. He appears to be on a hiding to nothing as he isn’t going to be a wing-back either. I don’t see Potter playing 4-4-2 which is probably the only formation that would suit him and give him half a chance of making an impression.
Oh well.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
I was convinced that Locadia could still do something for us until his terrible loan spell with Cincinnati… He scored 2 goals from 7.7 xG, despite coming up against much worse defenders. I just don’t think he’s good enough.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Big Shane never let us down in the first place. But, more pertinently when comparing him to Locadia - he has always given us 100%.

He let Celtic down instead! I’m not sure Big Jurg’s biggest problem is attitude. Inconsistency is IMHO.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I was convinced that Locadia could still do something for unless until his terrible loan spell with Cincinnati… He scored 2 goals from 7.7 xG, despite coming up against much worse defenders. I just don’t think he’s good enough.

Oh ye of little faith! Prepare to be wowed tomorrow and onwards

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I was convinced that Locadia could still do something for unless until his terrible loan spell with Cincinnati… He scored 2 goals from 7.7 xG, despite coming up against much worse defenders. I just don’t think he’s good enough.

If you can't score goals in the MLS by what measure are you going to score goals in the EPL?

And I really don't want a striker who, by his own admission, doesn't like doing heading. If we end up having to resort to using Locadia I fear for us. Let's hope we can keep Maupay, Welbeck & Trossard fit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why is the club looking for strikers (for now), when the current batch of forwards are all scoring goals? Add in the goals from midfield and it becomes less of an issue, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here