Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who's the flairest of them all? Round 2 Face off 5- Schelotto vs Skalak

Who's the flairest of them all?

• Schelotto

Votes: 91 65.5%
  • Skalak

Votes: 48 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
We're back after the weekend and it's time for the last 4 second round knock out face offs

Firstly we have a greyhound against a true maverick

Ezequiel Schelotto

Nationality: Italian/Argentinian

Albion Career: 2017-20 (28 appearances, 0 goals)

Credentials: Great hair and general appearance. Swashbuckling playing style and possessed almost no technical ability whatsoever. Bit of a wind up merchant.

1710940463696.png

Progress: Schelotto finished 2nd in Group A, gaining 34 votes (32.3%).

vs

Jiri Skalak

Nationality: Czech

Albion Career: 2016-18 (43 appearances, 2 goals)

Credentials: Went on the absolute lash after Brighton achieved promotion to the Premier League. Scored on of the greatest ever Amex goals and did very little else.

1711012873885.png

Progress: Finished 3rd in Group B, gaining 12 votes (12%)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tough choice.

Skali is one of the least footballer-looking footballers of all time. With his rubbish hair and scruffy beard, and wardrobe of baggy grey trackie, he just looks like every Eastern European labourer I’ve shared a building site with. Still managed to bag himself a top class wag, mind. Probably won her over with a car-load of massive cuddly minions won on the pier - his main past time when he first arrived.

Galgo was quite the character, too, though - especially in double act with Jose Izquierdo (where was he in this competition btw?). Last home game of the season, the players are doing their traditional lap of appreciation. Everyone seems to have a baby in their arms, except these two - so Galgo grabs the little Colombian and cradles him round the pitch like a toddler. Then they go and try to steal the Sky Sports golf cart.

I included the baby thing in my (‘Exile’) match report, and Izquierdo posted it it on his instagram.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has to be the Galgo. Should win the whole thing.

He's got a difficult draw in Skalak though who certainly ticks a few flair boxes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tough choice.

Skali is one of the least footballer-looking footballers of all time. With his rubbish hair and scruffy beard, and wardrobe of baggy grey trackie, he just looks like every Eastern European labourer I’ve shared a building site with. Still managed to bag himself a top class wag, mind. Probably won her over with a car-load of massive cuddly minions won on the pier - his main past time when he first arrived.

Galgo was quite the character, too, though - especially in double act with Jose Izquierdo (where was he in this competition btw?). Last home game of the season, the players are doing their traditional lap of appreciation. Everyone seems to have a baby in their arms, except these two - so Galgo grabs the little Colombian and cradles him round the pitch like a toddler. Then they go and try to steal the Sky Sports golf cart.

I included the baby thing in my (‘Exile’) match report, and Izquierdo posted it it on his instagram.

I'd forgotten the baby carrying, never mind the ARTWORK. Magnificent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely Schelotto. Rubbish but mental.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Schelotto was one of those footballers with the gift of having absolutely no idea what he was doing with a football so the opposition had no chance of knowing how they were going to try and stop him.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whilst will never forget his wonder goal certainly during his latter days with us Jiri looked one of worst ever Albion players. Millwall soon found out what a poor signing he was. I think he was in National side when we signed him

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Got to be the Greyhound, purely for his 'crying eyes' gesture at the SEGW.

papachris

We're back after the weekend and it's time for the last 4 second round knock out face offs

Firstly we have a greyhound against a true maverick

Ezequiel Schelotto

Nationality: Italian/Argentinian

Albion Career: 2017-20 (28 appearances, 0 goals)

Credentials: Great hair and general appearance. Swashbuckling playing style and possessed almost no technical ability whatsoever. Bit of a wind up merchant.

1710940463696.png

Progress: Schelotto finished 2nd in Group A, gaining 34 votes (32.3%).

vs

Jiri Skalak

Nationality: Czech

Albion Career: 2016-18 (43 appearances, 2 goals)

Credentials: Went on the absolute lash after Brighton achieved promotion to the Premier League. Scored on of the greatest ever Amex goals and did very little else.

1711012873885.png

Progress: Finished 3rd in Group B, gaining 12 votes (12%)
Was there to see 'that goal'. Just wow!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Tough choice.

yeah Izqueirdo got pretty far in the last iteration of this but didn't receive a single nomination this time

Skalak was probably one of the unflairest players of the entire Amex era, I applaud the bye for the other lad tho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here