• Sepp Blatter

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
There is no argument that he isn't the worst president in history. It's nice and almost charming that his supporters still stand by him, despite the reality of the last 4 years. But it's a matter of fact and a matter of history that he's the worst. Half of all impeachments in history and 400,000 deaths from a virus he pretended didn't exist or wasn't something to worry about. He's the worst, so at least he has that distinction.

Moving forward, he could leave an unintended positive legacy. He allowed the Democrats to win back the White House and control of the Senate, whilst retaining control of the House of Representatives. He's afforded them more power than they've had for a long time. Trump was a forest fire and he's awoken political activists across the world. Mainly Georgia, where he's really stirred up a political movement - not one he wanted or intended, but he made people realise how important it was for people to engage and for someone to lead the effort there. Hopefully every state can be replicated to strengthen the Democratic party across the country, add Puerto Rico and Washington as States of the Union and pass genuine reforms across the board. The future is brighter for America than it has been for a while, because it isn't orange.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There is no argument that he isn't the worst president in history. It's nice and almost charming that his supporters still stand by him, despite the reality of the last 4 years. But it's a matter of fact and a matter of history that he's the worst. Half of all impeachments in history and 400,000 deaths from a virus he pretended didn't exist or wasn't something to worry about. He's the worst, so at least he has that distinction.

Moving forward, he could leave an unintended positive legacy. He allowed the Democrats to win back the White House and control of the Senate, whilst retaining control of the House of Representatives. He's afforded them more power than they've had for a long time. Trump was a forest fire and he's awoken political activists across the world. Mainly Georgia, where he's really stirred up a political movement - not one he wanted or intended, but he made people realise how important it was for people to engage and for someone to lead the effort there. Hopefully every state can be replicated to strengthen the Democratic party across the country, add Puerto Rico and Washington as States of the Union and pass genuine reforms across the board. The future is brighter for America than it has been for a while, because it isn't orange.

You obviously never studied US History.

That you think he's worse than a President (Andrew Johnson) who over saw the destruction of Reconstruction and the beginnings of Jim Crow Law which was is still such a huge influence on todays issues suggests you've missed some big chunks of history lessons.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That you think he's worse than a President (Andrew Johnson) who over saw the destruction of Reconstruction and the beginnings of Jim Crow Law which was is still such a huge influence on todays issues suggests you've missed some big chunks of history lessons.

You are absolutely correct and I have noticed that historically bad leaders are often forgotten.

For instance B.Johnson is often called the worst British PM ever... but Lord North etc. is conveniently overlooked in this analysis.

A better comparison to use is "in living memory".

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You are absolutely correct and I have noticed that historically bad leaders are often forgotten.

For instance B.Johnson is often called the worst British PM ever... but Lord North etc. is conveniently overlooked in this analysis.

TBF, those who say Boris is the worst PM ever don’t like Brexit. There is always an agenda in these types of superlatives. There are many who say Trump is the worst president ever and many others who say the complete opposite. They are obviously applying different criteria and have different agendas.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

That would be a more accurate description.

Though Bush creating a war based on lies that lead to years and years of bloody unrest and repercussions world wide that are still around today is still worse imo.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

I am not well versed on 1865-1869, no. But Trump did not inherit a country which has just resolved a Civil War. I would argue that Johnson had a much tougher set of existing circumstances than Trump did, who inherited a country on the up after a dire financial crisis inherited by Obama. I would argue that Trump was inheriting the Brighton squad of 01/02 that Peter Taylor inherited. It was set up for success. Sadly for America, unlike Taylor, Trump didn't have the competence to convert his opportunity.

In Trump's defence, I don't think he'd have been in the running for "Worst of All Time" if it wasn't for Covid and I actually think he'd have won the Electoral College but for the pandemic. We'll never know, but I would argue there's strong circumstantial evidence to support the claim.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
TBF, those who say Boris is the worst PM ever don’t like Brexit. There is always an agenda in these types of superlatives. There are many who say Trump is the worst president ever and many others who say the complete opposite. They are obviously applying different criteria and have different agendas.

I don’t like Brexit, but there are far more reasons than that why he is the worst PM certainly in my memory (aged 67).

He may have delivered Brexit, and at least we know where we stand. But where we stand is in the smelly brown stuff at the moment. ALL the “teething troubles” which are coming up now should have been foreseen and dealt with.

Choosing the least talented MPs in his party for high office just because of their loyalty is shameful at a time when we would probably be better off with a coalition..... which I thought to deal with Brexit, let alone the Pandemic.

His handling of the Pandemic has been pathetic. Overly libertarian from beginning to end. I read somewhere the other day a headline that he recognised many people didn’t like how he was handling it and I thought he might be seeing some sense. BUT on reading the article he was pandering to the people who want to see an end to lockdown - almost deniers - rather than those who are convinced, like me, that harsher measures more quickly would have been a lot more effective. How many more people have got to die?

That’s not to mention Chumocracy, wasting money on the Private Sector when the Public Sector could have done things like track and trace better and more cheaply, being thrashed by Marcus Rashford continuously and reverting to Conservative type over things like Universal Credit.

The man is a complete and utter waste of space, a serial liar who will never do anything properly. Attention to detail is an alien concept to him.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I almost miss Trump. Its hardly Person, Man, Woman, Camera, TV is it? The bloke in the viking suit would have livened things up today. More watchable than poetry anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here