Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will be the next number 10?

Who will wear the number 10 shirt next season?

• Joao Pedro

Votes: 64 52.9%
  • Julio Enciso

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • Evan Ferguson

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Pascal Gross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danny Welbeck

• Deniz Undav

• Jeremy Sarmiento

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Kaoru Mitoma

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Pervis Estupinan

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Solly March

• Kacper Kozłowski

• Mahmoud Dahoud

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Alec Scott

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Facundo Buonanotte

Votes: 11 9.1%

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not sure it's the right question. Number 10 is one way of setting up a team, which is generally understood to play behind a 9, in a midfield with a 6 and a 8. We don't really play like that under RDZ. It's more that there are pairs:
-- 2 CBs
-- either 2 FBs or a RB/RW combo and a LB/LW combo
-- 2 CMs -- whose role shifts slightly according to personnel and where we are in/up the pitch
-- 2 forwards
When we play out from defence, it's noticeable that the two wingers are usually noticeably more advanced up the pitch than the two forwards, who look to find space between their midfield (who are usually pressing) and their CBs (who would prefer not to venture too high up the pitch).
When we have the ball in their half, things become a little more fluid.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The poll question is very simple, "Who will wear the number 10 shirt next season?". It's not about positioning on the pitch, it's the number 10 shirt. The shirt which has number 10 on it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The poll question is very simple, "Who will wear the number 10 shirt next season?". It's not about positioning on the pitch, it's the number 10 shirt. The shirt which has number 10 on it.
Anyone but Moder!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Where's this Alec (sic) Scott notion come from? I've seen suggestions that he's going to Spurs, Newcastle or Villa but no mention of the Albion. He doesn't sound like our sort of signing: he's young and we've heard of him.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I'm not sure it's the right question. Number 10 is one way of setting up a team, which is generally understood to play behind a 9, in a midfield with a 6 and a 8. We don't really play like that under RDZ. It's more that there are pairs:
-- 2 CBs
-- either 2 FBs or a RB/RW combo and a LB/LW combo
-- 2 CMs -- whose role shifts slightly according to personnel and where we are in/up the pitch
-- 2 forwards
When we play out from defence, it's noticeable that the two wingers are usually noticeably more advanced up the pitch than the two forwards, who look to find space between their midfield (who are usually pressing) and their CBs (who would prefer not to venture too high up the pitch).
When we have the ball in their half, things become a little more fluid.
Isn't RDZ's preferred formation 4-2-3-1 ?

We very rarely start with 2 up top, usually one of Fergie or Welbz.

The "number 10" plays in the middle of the three.

This is a great article about that formation which mentions the number 10 role several times.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Isn't RDZ's preferred formation 4-2-3-1 ?

We very rarely start with 2 up top, usually one of Fergie or Welbz.

The "number 10" plays in the middle of the three.

This is a great article about that formation which mentions the number 10 role several times.

Broadly, it is, but see my comments about playing out from the back versus having the ball in their half. I still think the ACM and the forward operate as a pair in our half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here