Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who Was Our Last MARQUEE Signing?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lamptey.

FFS!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think our marquee is coming in several pieces. For example, we signed a couple of Poles last season. So that’s a start.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
only players that can be described as a marquee signings are Bruno and Vicente.....possibly Llana at a push Wellbeck.

Well Bruno certainly wasn't anything like a marquee signing, in fact he flattered to deceive initially and played his first few games in midfeld.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I remember being really excited by that signing at the time, same with Ali J ??? But 'Marquee' ?

Of the great Albion players I can only think of Jimmy Case and Murray (second time) who's signings were exciting at the time and lived up to it (although I seem to recall some expectations around Brian Horton for 30K).

Ward, Lawrenson, Zamora, Dunk, White, Bissouma as far as I can remember all snuck in 'under the radar'. Such is the Brighton way :albion2:

(Keeping an eye on Sanchez, Lamptey and Mwepu)

To be fair. Any signing Dick actually spent money on was a marquee god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Signing Vicente was definitely the moment I understood that there was something interesting happening with BHAFC.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
At the actual time of signing, the criteria of marquee signing was met by Locardia and Ali J. A real statement of intent - record fee, etc.
Our expectation and confidence was based upon successful previous recruitment from the continent of Gross, Propper, Ryan and, before that, Vicente and Bruno.
Sadly it was not to be. Put them in same category as Jason Peake and Ryan Harley - marquee signings that flopped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here