Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who on here has had a “next year’s season ticket” bet on the Albion being relegated?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are quite a few of you aren’t there?

What odds did you get? Best I’ve seen before our three defeats on the bounce was 25-1

I have considered it and then dismissed it because, well just because :shrug:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
There are quite a few of you aren’t there?

What odds did you get? Best I’ve seen before our three defeats on the bounce was 25-1

I have considered it and then dismissed it because, well just because :shrug:

I enjoy a bet, but I could never bet against the Albion. I’d feel filthy, and not in a good way.

That said, not knocking anyone who does. Personal choice innit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I enjoy a bet, but I could never bet against the Albion. I’d feel filthy, and not in a good way.

Same and I know I could have made money on us fecking up against lower division teams...because it’s what we do :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This season and last I've slapped on a score when we've hit 10-1.

Not quite a whole ticket but certainly a bloody good away day paid for if we're allowed out to play or a couple of bottles of single malt (not all at once) and a slap up takeaway or two to enjoy while watching us on dodgy streams against the likes of Cardiff, Boro and Sheffield United.

EDIT - used never to back either for or against us. That went out of the window when my son wanted to pick £1 correct scores on the way over to the Amex and we were then part of an 88-1 acca that came in separately. Couldn't cash out in the Amex 4G dead spot and only saw the account credit when the train got to London Rd.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can't bring myself to bet against the Albion so no. However I do have a bet for us to stay up. Can't remember the odds as made it AGES ago but a bit like Guinness Boy's in that it would pay for a nice takeaway/day out if it comes in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Got my bet in at 25s, which will cover my season ticket and a couple of pints at every game as well.

Don’t understand the mentality of people not betting on something just because they don’t want it to happen. I don’t want my house to burn down but I still pay the buildings insurance premiums.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I regularly have an insurance bet against us.
I see it as a good way of ensuring a decent result ( I am not a lucky gambler). I haven't felt the need to this season.

So if we do go down. It's all my fault.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do bet on the Albion winning, scoring lots of goals.
I don't bet on the Albion losing.
I don't bet on the games the Albion actually need to win.

I'll not be betting tonight!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I do bet on the Albion winning, scoring lots of goals.
I don't bet on the Albion losing.
I don't bet on the games the Albion actually need to win.

I'll not be betting tonight!

Good advice.

I bet on the Albion every so often, I can’t ever remember winning though because emotion clouds my judgment.

My latest **** up was half time v Leicester. Thought I’d stick £20 on them to win at 8-1 in case the unthinkable happened, however I couldn’t bring myself to confirm the bet, it just felt wrong somehow because how could I cheer my bet on against the team I love?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This season and last I've slapped on a score when we've hit 10-1.

Not quite a whole ticket but certainly a bloody good away day paid for if we're allowed out to play or a couple of bottles of single malt (not all at once) and a slap up takeaway or two to enjoy while watching us on dodgy streams against the likes of Cardiff, Boro and Sheffield United.

EDIT - used never to back either for or against us. That went out of the window when my son wanted to pick £1 correct scores on the way over to the Amex and we were then part of an 88-1 acca that came in separately. Couldn't cash out in the Amex 4G dead spot and only saw the account credit when the train got to London Rd.

This. Only got 9/2 this season. Only my third ever bet in my life.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good advice.

I bet on the Albion every so often, I can’t ever remember winning though because emotion clouds my judgment.

My latest **** up was half time v Leicester. Thought I’d stick £20 on them to win at 8-1 in case the unthinkable happened, however I couldn’t bring myself to confirm the bet, it just felt wrong somehow because how could I cheer my bet on against the team I love?

I always get suckered into a Dan Burn hattrick.
500/1 - printing money :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here