Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is going down with WBA & Sheffield Utd? Fulham? Newcastle? BHA? A N Other?

Who is going down with WBA & Sheffield Utd?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
And Arsenal

As I said I wouldn't rule Arsenal out just yet. On paper they have a reasonable run in. Chelsea and Everton aside you would expect them to win the rest.....but its Arsenal and they could quite easily lose them all as well. They have to be a contender alongside us (but for different reasons) for being the most frustrating side to support this season. I guess a lot will depend on how they get on in Europe.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This is where I am Icy,
I'll continue to pick us to go down in the hope that I'm seldom correct in my predictions and certainly won't be lulled into a false sense of security, we have the hardest run in in my opinion and we can certainly not relax.

Newcastle's run in isn't much better than ours. We both have to face Man City and West Ham at home, Newcastle have to travel to Liverpool and Leicester where as we've got Chelsea away and Everton at home. Not that home advantage has counted for much this season as Newcastle have only picked up 4 more points at home than we have.

We are at an advantage in that both Newcastle and Fulham both have to get more points than us, we've got a superior goal difference and we have a game in hand over Fulham. Plus there is the added factor that Newcastle and Fulham play each other on the last day of the season meaning both sides can't take maximum points. For those worried about Fulham and Newcastle being able to play out a draw on the final day of the season to relegate us, that requires Fulham picking up 9 points and Newcastle 6 points before that match, and that is assuming we don't pick up another point.

We aren't safe yet and we certainly can't relax, but the odds are very much in our favour. One win should be enough as I can't see Newcastle and Fulham both getting to 36 points. That would require Fulham averaging something nearing 1.5 points per game for the rest of the season. If we can't pick up at least 3 points from our remaining 8 games then we deserve to be relegated.

I voted for Fulham to go down but I think it's going to go down to the wire and the last game of the season will be very much a winner takes all game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Newcastle's run in isn't much better than ours. We both have to face Man City and West Ham at home, Newcastle have to travel to Liverpool and Leicester where as we've got Chelsea away and Everton at home. Not that home advantage has counted for much this season as Newcastle have only picked up 4 more points at home than we have.

We are at an advantage in that both Newcastle and Fulham both have to get more points than us, we've got a superior goal difference and we have a game in hand over Fulham. Plus there is the added factor that Newcastle and Fulham play each other on the last day of the season meaning both sides can't take maximum points. For those worried about Fulham and Newcastle being able to play out a draw on the final day of the season to relegate us, that requires Fulham picking up 9 points and Newcastle 6 points before that match, and that is assuming we don't pick up another point.

We aren't safe yet and we certainly can't relax, but the odds are very much in our favour. One win should be enough as I can't see Newcastle and Fulham both getting to 36 points. That would require Fulham averaging something nearing 1.5 points per game for the rest of the season. If we can't pick up at least 3 points from our remaining 8 games then we deserve to be relegated.

I voted for Fulham to go down but I think it's going to go down to the wire and the last game of the season will be very much a winner takes all game.
Also, if Fulham and Newcastle both get 36 points then they will both have likely beaten Burnley. Which is nice for us as well.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As I said I wouldn't rule Arsenal out just yet. On paper they have a reasonable run in. Chelsea and Everton aside you would expect them to win the rest.....but its Arsenal and they could quite easily lose them all as well. They have to be a contender alongside us (but for different reasons) for being the most frustrating side to support this season. I guess a lot will depend on how they get on in Europe.

It's theoretically possible for them to get into Europe but they'd have get two points a game from their remaining games AND hope quite a few teams stumble along the way - that's a big ask. But if they are still in contention, that means that they'll have beaten Fulham and Newcastle which means those teams are running out of games to overtake us

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I got 40/1 on us, West Brom & Sheffield United being the three to go down.

Wonder if any of the negative loudmouths on here have put their money where their mouth is?

I don’t think we’ll go down now but I’ve got a £45 bet as insurance.

0b7377c4b59f4d7d5e2033df33043657.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here