Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Watford - Pontus Dahlberg. Need a young, very talented keeper especially with the Asian Games coming up in Jan/Feb.

Australia don't take part in the Asian Games, they take part in the Asian Cup but the next one isn't until 2023 (The Asian Games is competed by counties in the Southeast Asian Games Federation.)

We've got two promising keepers in Walton and Sanchez one of whom I expect to be second choice next season, both will be given a chance to stake a claim for that spot in whatever pre-season we have. Sanchez is currently training with the first team following the early ending of the League 1 season. It's thought by some that Sanchez is an even better prospect than Walton.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Buendia, Brooks and....and.....and I'm struggling to think of anyone from villa with the potential to be a top ten team player for Brighton.
Most certainly would not take that little s**t sockboy

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Australia don't take part in the Asian Games, they take part in the Asian Cup but the next one isn't until 2023 (The Asian Games is competed by counties in the Southeast Asian Games Federation.)

We've got two promising keepers in Walton and Sanchez one of whom I expect to be second choice next season, both will be given a chance to stake a claim for that spot in whatever pre-season we have. Sanchez is currently training with the first team following the early ending of the League 1 season. It's thought by some that Sanchez is an even better prospect than Walton.

Ahh, didnt know that about Australia and Asian Games/Cup. Ty, nice.

Haven't seen much of Sanchez (just the NUFC game) but a fair bit of Walton, and I have a hard time seeing him do what Potter requires from a keeper even though he is a fine shot stopper. Not sure it would be in his best interest to sit on the bench at age 25 either, but we'll see what happens I guess.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ahh, didnt know that about Australia and Asian Games/Cup. Ty, nice.

Haven't seen much of Sanchez (just the NUFC game) but a fair bit of Walton, and I have a hard time seeing him do what Potter requires from a keeper even though he is a fine shot stopper. Not sure it would be in his best interest to sit on the bench at age 25 either, but we'll see what happens I guess.

I've said previously if Walton doesn't make a serious challenge to be an alternative to Ryan this coming season then it's time for him to move on, at the very least he needs to be taking that backup spot knowing he can step in at any time, we need a decent second choice keeper. We've been very lucky that Ryan has only had to miss 4 games through international duty and hasn't been injured, I certainly don't feel we are as well covered with our current two back up keepers as we were with Krull and Maenpaa in our first PL season. It's our biggest weakness currently (along with a decent striker).

Sanchez is a few years younger, the club have been very high on him for a number of seasons though. He was trusted enough to make the bench for both games against West Brom and the game against Derby in last seasons FA Cup. I've seen him in pre-season friendlies and he's strong, commanding and a great shot stopper, he does need to improve his kicking though, but if Ben Roberts and the club think he's even more promising than Walton I'll bow to their superior knowledge.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Idah Norwich is a great prospect , Rather go for someone like him then silly money on a name. I would also like Androne in our squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here