• Gus

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • The club

Votes: 161 89.0%

• Total voters

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I will be honest and say I voted Gus. Not because I want him to be right, but because there is nothing in he club statement today that could be used to say he lied. He was clever with his words last night, he was using semantics, but when he said discussions were going on during he day, that has proved to be true. When he said he wasn't expecting the announcement when on tv, that is likely to be true. When he said he was fired on tv, that has proved to be true. He may have expected it, he may have know his dismissal was pending discussions and that the disciplinary panel had found against him, but he didn't say any of that wasn't happening.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It doesnt really matter who I believe. To me it matters who is PERCIEVED to be right and at this moment the club are playing straight into Gus's hands. Struggling to think how much more badly we could have handled it.

I believe the club, and Sully is spot on. I think they've let Gus get away with too much, not because Gus has been exceptionally clever, but because the club have made a few errors. Learn and move on.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I will be honest and say I voted Gus. Not because I want him to be right, but because there is nothing in he club statement today that could be used to say he lied. He was clever with his words last night, he was using semantics, but when he said discussions were going on during he day, that has proved to be true. When he said he wasn't expecting the announcement when on tv, that is likely to be true. When he said he was fired on tv, that has proved to be true. He may have expected it, he may have know his dismissal was pending discussions and that the disciplinary panel had found against him, but he didn't say any of that wasn't happening.

Respect what you're saying but Gus did lie on TV when he said he wanted to stay with the Albion as he told all the players the opposite. That was clearly calculating and said to gain sympathy. Also strong evidence to suggest he rejected a settlement not because he wanted to stay but because he wanted the rest of his contract paid up in full. The fact he waited 29 1/2 days to respond to the charges when the maximum by law was 30 days also suggests he is very calculating in his every move!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Respect what you're saying but Gus did lie on TV when he said he wanted to stay with the Albion as he told all the players the opposite. That was clearly calculating and said to gain sympathy. Also strong evidence to suggest he rejected a settlement not because he wanted to stay but because he wanted the rest of his contract paid up in full. The fact he waited 29 1/2 days to respond to the charges when the maximum by law was 30 days also suggests he is very calculating in his every move!

Where's the evidence he said that to the players ? Of course he wanted his contracted paid in full - wouldn't you ? I'd suggest most people on here would play the system if they were in Gus' position. I know I would.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
if you watch the interview on BBC sport website, Gus was back tracking on full time part what he said in the half time part,
At half-time, Poyet told BBC presenter Mark Chapman: "I'm probably the first to be in this position. Everyone can make their own conclusions about the way I have been informed by you.
"I think the BBC got a great story forever really, because a manager getting the information that he's been released from his employment during the time of a programme is quite surprising."

Seriously Gus's legal team would have been informed by the club that they were going to be releasing a statement of his sacking.

Speaking after full time, Poyet said he received an email from the club at 21:03 BST and confirmed he would appeal his dismissal.

If his legal did inform him straight away that is not the clubs fault. But in IMO he knew, he just loves all the media attention.

Time to move on & get ready for next season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
if you watch the interview on BBC sport website, Gus was back tracking on full time part what he said in the half time part,
At half-time, Poyet told BBC presenter Mark Chapman: "I'm probably the first to be in this position. Everyone can make their own conclusions about the way I have been informed by you.
"I think the BBC got a great story forever really, because a manager getting the information that he's been released from his employment during the time of a programme is quite surprising."

Seriously Gus's legal team would have been informed by the club that they were going to be releasing a statement of his sacking.

Speaking after full time, Poyet said he received an email from the club at 21:03 BST and confirmed he would appeal his dismissal.

If his legal did inform him straight away that is not the clubs fault. But in IMO he knew, he just loves all the media attention.

Time to move on & get ready for next season.

The club handed it to him on a plate. Their timing of the statement couldn't have been worse. Why didn't they wait until 9am today? Gus would then have been a pundit in the same manner as last week where he had to say that he wasn't allowed to discuss it.

Dec 3, 2012
I tend to side with the club but I have got reservations about its general future running based on the ridiculous length of time it's taken to reach a decision, the timing if the communication and the lack of information given. It's been a shambles and its nowhere near sorted out yet. It can only detract from the preparation for the new season.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I get the impression the club are trying to do things fairly and by the book, perhaps with an eye towards minimising any probable payout. I suspect there are faults on both sides, but at the end of the day I support the Albion, not Gus Poyet.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
The club handed it to him on a plate. Their timing of the statement couldn't have been worse. Why didn't they wait until 9am today? Gus would then have been a pundit in the same manner as last week where he had to say that he wasn't allowed to discuss it.

Perhaps the club knew Gus would talk about anyway, perhaps it was done on purpose for that reason.
It's strikes me the club are doing everything by the book & giving Gus a enough rope to hang himself .
I reckon his legal told him to shut up between half time & full time, if he wants to appeal his answers should have been all
been No comment.

Just be glad when we get to the first game of the season & forget all this nonsense.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Not sure where you got the days to respond. The interviews were still ongoing up to at least 5th June and so the earliest he is likely to have got the details is 10th I reckon. He was in. Hearing by 20th so not overly untoward

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tony is INFINITELY more trustworthy than Gus. No contest.

Dandyman

In London village.
Club.

Poyet has done wonders for the club on the pitch but I don't believe what he said on Sunday nor do I believe that Bloom is stupid enough to fabricate a case of gross misconduct.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It doesnt really matter who I believe. To me it matters who is PERCIEVED to be right and at this moment the club are playing straight into Gus's hands. Struggling to think how much more badly we could have handled it.
How does this quote from half nine this morning reflect your view now that the other side have had a chance to communicate,.....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here