Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who did you sit with?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Was up in the heavens. Women next to me was friendly enough, but it’s fair to say she wasn’t the most die hard football fan in the world because she had to ask how long extra time was.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
All Albion fans around me, sat with my brother, my sister-in-law and a couple of friends.
Did get punched in the head by the guy behind me as he was getting way too excited flailing his arms about.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
As we’re name dropping, I saw Dale Stephens outside (but didn’t sit near him).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seven of us together in 136. Only Brighton in the immediate vicinity. I’d got a three, left a gap and then a four in the hope another mate could join us but the single was taken before their points came up. Was occupied by a lady who moved so we were all together and who disappeared at half time as there was apparently a spare place nearer her mates.

I’d had the most beer in our group but was doing far better than a lot of lads on the lower concourse

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I was in 543 and had no problems. Enough people in the block stood at times to sing to make it an enjoyable experience, without any overly drunk idiots to spoil the day.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Randomly, my wife and son were sitting about 5 or 6 seats away from the blind lad weve sat next to at the Amex since day one!
Totally separate bookings, and no idea he was going to be there! 😀

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
My son one side, a middle aged Albion couple from Crawley the other, nice people. The lady was a little stunned at my xxxx abuse of Goofy Fernandes, but laughed.
Ha. He was the only one who got my volley of abuse too. It was quite early on and i after he went down rolling around,,i found myself strongly suggesting I hoped he had acquired a career ending injury involving the fracturing if a tibia or fibia and that perhaps we would only see him next Tuesday, whilst making specific reference to his dental arrangements aligned with a popular Disney character.

To be met with stunned stares from the old dear quartet in front of me, shocked but amused open mouths from the kids behind. And the now familiar "steady on" look I get from my Dad. I did the universal open palmed 'sorry everyone' gesture and rethought my immediate approach.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You must have been close to us. Sidders seemed like an absolute gent. Less so the lad who was sick and his mates, and then the group of stewards taking about 15 mins to clear up after him who seemed not to be bothered about who's view they were blocking!

Additionally blokes needing p1ss breaks every five minutes around us. Must have been some significant beer consumed in Wembley yesterday!
Yes, so this is why I always thought football 'types' were wankers when I was young, even though I went to the football. Me and my sort were all over all sorts (if you know what I mean) but keeping a clear head when on tour (which in the late 70s and early 80s essentially meant going anywhere between where we left from and where we were going to, hiven the way we looked) was always the way. Apart from one occasion with some acquaintances when we had 4 pints before watching Palarse play The Leeds in the 70s. Being out of control on substances in public was verboten among my contingent. It was a sign of weakness. And we didn't like weakness. No, sir.

The shouty wankers with the ever full bladders staggering about, on the border of pissing their pants and puking. Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear. Human cattle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ha. He was the only one who got my volley of abuse too. It was quite early on and i after he went down rolling around,,i found myself strongly suggesting I hoped he had acquired a career ending injury involving the fracturing if a tibia or fibia and that perhaps we would only see him next Tuesday, whilst making specific reference to his dental arrangements aligned with a popular Disney character.

To be met with stunned stares from the old dear quartet in front of me, shocked but amused open mouths from the kids behind. And the now familiar "steady on" look I get from my Dad. I did the universal open palmed 'sorry everyone' gesture and rethought my immediate approach.
As an Amex nomad for a couple of seasons for 1/2 a season around 2016 we sat in the NE corner.

I was literally the only person jumping up, roaring the team on when we countered, joining in the W@nker chants. Lots of dirty looks.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Seven of us together in 136. Only Brighton in the immediate vicinity. I’d got a three, left a gap and then a four in the hope another mate could join us but the single was taken before their points came up. Was occupied by a lady who moved so we were all together and who disappeared at half time as there was apparently a spare place nearer her mates.

I’d had the most beer in our group but was doing far better than a lot of lads on the lower concourse
Any specific reference to who you were doing better than?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sat in front of some guy in his 50's who spent the entire game bellowing f*** f*** f***ing f***. Literally every two minutes. Bit awkward with my 7 and 9 year old with me. I went in the lower tier and knew it would be a bit rowdy and I don't mind people swearing at football when something happens, it's part of the game. But when it is incessantly bellowed every two minutes at trivial things (like, for example, the "REF BEING A f***ing CHEAT"- despite him putting in a good performance) it's just irritating, and completely unnecessary. However drunk I was, and whatever happened, I don't think I could ever bring myself to swear that much in front of two young kids. Mainly because of what I'd think everyone else around me thought of me.
It’s often been my belief that those who constantly swear and insist on berating the ref are not regulars but behave like this as they feel that’s how best to fit in. They don’t seem to have the awareness that they’re the only ones doing it. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good swear up at the football, but only when it’s deserved. I had someone stood in front of me for the Brentford game who behaved exactly like the character you’ve just described, he just oozed casual fan vibes. And he smelt bad.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Aisle seat at the front of the upper, other side of me were were family and friends. Man utd fan behind, which was disappointing. But he was quiet about it, apparently came with brighton family/friends who were sitting elsewhere, and disappeared part way through the second half once people started to clock him and glare passive-aggressively.

Atmosphere was ok where we were, not always easy to tell what the lower tier were singing but we joined in loudly when we could. No obvious drunken dickheads around us although there were a couple of yanks further up who brought beers to their seats, "didn't realise it wasn't allowed", blimmin tourists.

Free beer meant a few people stayed on the concourse for some of the second half!

Had enough beers to have a good sing but not enough to make tits of ourselves. Now the dust has settled on the initial post-match frustration, generally enjoyed it all except the final result obvs.

Now looking forward, hoping we bounce back tomorrow, and expecting a better sing with the regular "core".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here