Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Are The Dingles?

Putneyclaret

Apr 27, 2016
Hi

Lurker here.

First, I think your stadium is by far the best of the new lookalike grounds: the situation is fantastic as are the views of the Downs and the transport links are good. The atmosphere at our recent match was excellent apart from of a few of your neanderthals demanding that Joey B be sent off (something Chris Hughton did not suggest).

As regards the Dingles insult, this now mainly comes from Blackburn supporters (poor deluded souls), who suggest that all Burnley supporters have 6 fingers, like the Pendle witches.

Hope we are both promoted as this will be another easy away fixture for me.

Jan 10, 2014
If you can't laugh at yourself then you shouldn't be a football fan.

211rmtt.jpg

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
What I want to know is where 'cockwomble' came from as I've only ever heard it on NSC. ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think YEOVIL would outdingle Bournemouth. Parts of Bournemouth (not Boscombe obviously) are quite genteel.

I see your Yeovil and raise you Swindon Town.

Urban, yet uncultured, scorned by the rest of the county it resides in, and with just the right sort of comedy accent.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do the others sing the same 'Dingle Family' song as West Brom used to?Very,very,wickedly funny.Dingles close to Brighton-gotta be Portsmuff

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Do the others sing the same 'Dingle Family' song as West Brom used to?Very,very,wickedly funny.Dingles close to Brighton-gotta be Portsmuff

Don't know whether it's the same or not but the Wednesday & United fans used to sing this at the Barnsley fans (to the tune of the Addams Family)
Your father is your brother
Your sister is your mother
You only shag each other
The Barnsley family
DU DU DU DUH INBRED

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Not making any claims that we used it first by the way - we almost certainly pinched it but no idea who had the original version

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
Preston fans started it by calling Burnley fans Dingles. This was because the actor who plays Zac Dingle in Emmerdale lives in Burnley. Other teams just started using it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hi

Lurker here.

First, I think your stadium is by far the best of the new lookalike grounds: the situation is fantastic as are the views of the Downs and the transport links are good. The atmosphere at our recent match was excellent apart from of a few of your neanderthals demanding that Joey B be sent off (something Chris Hughton did not suggest).

A 'few of our Neanderthals' as in all 28 000 home fans you mean?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Hi

Lurker here.

Hope we are both promoted as this will be another easy away fixture for me.

Wow, if our players needed any extra incentive to get the job done, then this must surely be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here