Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who are bigger Posh or Bmuff ?

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Even a confirmed disliker of Bournemouth over the years such as myself has to admit that the Cherries are 'bigger' than Posh. Their titchy little ground made Muff seem even smaller-time than they actually were while they were in the Premier League, but they probably could have got 20.000 had they had the capacity. And five seasons at the top level gives them the edge anyway.

Peterborough have potential, with a decent town-centre site with what has always looked like room for expansion, but very little in the way of heritage or history. Nice cathedral through.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Went to Posh with a Millwall mate , can’t remember the game itself but when the Posh guy with the hat walks round the ground before kick off handing out sweets to the kids got to the Millwall end they erupted with “sex case , sex case, hang ‘im , hang’im hang ‘im “

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Good question Cyanide.

Catchment area it’s probably the Posh, although half of their potential support is blood related and has 6 fingers, whilst half the Cherries catchment is in the sea.

Bournemouth clearly punched above their weight in the EPL, but possibly having sold their biggest playing assets and slashed the wage bill, will re find their level annually 7/14 in the Championship.

Peterborough all the time Barry Fry is involved will try and do things whilst bending the rules, they failed dismally at Championship level so in answer to your question I will go Bournemouth, but a post Fry Posh might finally get where they want to go, legally 😂

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
London Road is a bigger ground than the Vitamin stadium or whatever Dean Court is called now, they've never broken FFP rules, plus they don't speak in bumpkin accents, so it's Peterborough United for me.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Living in Peterborough it must be Posh. Forget the figures they are a proper club with proper fans.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Historically it is Peterborough United. In the last ten seasons it has been Bournemouth.

It depends on what you are basing it on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is thinking that both are Tinpot/Mickey Mouse and no difference between them (and Reading) harsh?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Peterborough was my 1st away game, seagulls special 1976. we lost, so Bournemouth.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Past your peak too, huh?

Well let’s put it this way GT49er ..... The view from the top is still great but it just takes a little more effort to get to the top now.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I can remember AFC Bournemouth when they were Bournemouth and Boscombe ,(changed it 1971) and Peterborough were non league (1960) just before my birth. However ,neither fact helps the argument :ffsparr:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
.... but spread out, with reasonable recovery time ......................

Showing your age there, but totally agree. Naughty boy.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
You can't knock the Muff's recent run in the PL.
We'll be lucky to see another club with their limited resources do that in the next score years.
I hope their manager get a job soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here