Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Whisky cask investment

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Anyone on NSC invested in whisky casks, if so any tips. I’m reading that you can make 8-10%/annum which is a lot better than anything else I’ve got. But I’m worried of charlatans / pyramid schemes / it being sold several times etc

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lots of rich people in the world who can't spend their money driving up such things. The supply is the high end stuff is finite

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Anyone on NSC invested in whisky casks, if so any tips. I’m reading that you can make 8-10%/annum which is a lot better than anything else I’ve got. But I’m worried of charlatans / pyramid schemes / it being sold several times etc
I would first want to understand why people are claiming the value of the cask is going to increase. Is it something to do with the projected underlying value of the product or is this a bit more tulip bulbs, south sea islands kind of territory. Probably the second I would say

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As per crypto, I'd give a wide swerve to any company that just sends you periodic graphs showing Line Go Up. 'Your' bottle probably never even existed. Company will doubtless at some point collapse overnight, taking your 'investment' with it. Them's the rules. Why not just Do Your Own Research, buy that bottle direct from distillery, then stick it in a cupboard for thirty years or whatever?

Last edited:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

Are you based in/near Brighton? It might be worth popping into Cut Your Wolf Loose for a chat with the owners. They will know more than pretty much anyone locally about this market and might well be looking for external investors themselves (buying and storing whiskey casks being a key part of their business).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've seen the ads. to - and my go-to response was, as usual, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Mind you, I've never got rich, either!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’ve already done my single bottle investments - on paper I’ve doubled my investment. I feel casks is next step and have guide a bit of research so I don’t think it is South Sea Islands/Tulips but I’ve not met anyone I know who’s done it. The investment in new distilleries is huge so market is growing And I think it is a lot more stable than the Gin rush of the last decade. I always felt if it didn’t make money at least in 10-15years time all my friends will be getting a present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here