Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which pre RDZ players would have thrived under him?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Peter Smith

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Lawrenson - he was great under Mullery but he'd have been a perfect RDZ defender
I’ve only read the first page, but this. Lawro would have been utterly superb under RdZ, probably even better than he eventually turned out to be.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Abdul Razak

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Much as Bruno has pissed me off since he walked out, he would certainly have fitted right in imo.

Knocky too with his understanding with Bruno, I think he might have been a different player in the PL under RDZ rather than CH.

Others?
Knocky are you sure? Too impulsive and would give away possession too much instead of playing the safe % ball. For the same reason I think Lamptey wont see much game time and also compounded by his iffy hamstring and loss of a yard of pace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Knocky are you sure? Too impulsive and would give away possession too much instead of playing the safe % ball. For the same reason I think Lamptey wont see much game time and also compounded by his iffy hamstring and loss of a yard of pace.
Yes, I think we’d have seen a different player. In the PL he had pretty well no support when we attacked so of course he tried to do too much on his own with no forward options available to him for the most part. Give him options and I think he’d have thrived in the PL :shrug:

His frustrations and personal problems conspired against him imo. Sadly we’ll never know :smile:

His one twos with Bruno showed he was capable of the type of football RDZ plays, most of the others weren’t.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Propper seems like a very RDZ player - clever, calm, technically strong midfielder. He loves em.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
None, aside for the obvious (White, Cucurella, Bissouma).
If Roberto thought he could turn Knockaert, Jahanbakhsh or Andone into pieces of his top six team, the opportunity is certainly there, since none of them has done anything useful since leaving the club. But rather than De Zerbi trawling Graham Potter's bin, we've gone with signing new, high class players capable of performing at the required level. There's good reasons Tony Bloom prefer spending £30m on Joao Pedro rather than travelling to whatever Canarian night club Andone may be at to convince him to return.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Propper seems like a very RDZ player - clever, calm, technically strong midfielder. He loves em.
Too slow witted/ laconic imo, he had silky skills but when Potter decided we’d play out from the back it seemed to me that it was often Propper who lost the ball in the press :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here