Shopping at via this link helps to support NSC

[Food] Where on earth can I have lunch on Saturday

Welcome to North Stand Chat - the biggest and best Brighton & Hove Albion fan site.

Go on - join - you know you want to! (Pssst: you'll get fewer ads too!)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well my wife and l are meeting friends, and dining al fresco at Bella Italia in the Lanes. An Italian chain restaurant, wouldn't be my choice but our friends both swear by it. They have quite a bit of outside space, but only a few tables are under cover.

We only booked yesterday, so they may well still have space.

Springal

Members
Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A lot of places are only doing 50-75% reservations so might be worth just wandering around. And of course virtually every restaurant is facing a high rate of no shows at the moment

Tom Hark Preston Park

Lost to the vultures
Jul 6, 2003
Picnic on the beach. Lovely .:drink:

This is the correct answer to avoid disappointment. Why on earth would you bend the knee to some over-subscribed so-so venue that might just bestow their blessing on you and grudgingly grant you a one hour slot? F*ck that for a game of soldiers. Beach is free. Picnic is what you and yours make it :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As others have said have a picnic but get something delivered to the beach. Deliveroo or the like.

Brok

Dec 26, 2011
The Shroppie
This is the correct answer to avoid disappointment. Why on earth would you bend the knee to some over-subscribed so-so venue that might just bestow their blessing on you and grudgingly grant you a one hour slot? F*ck that for a game of soldiers. Beach is free. Picnic is what you and yours make it :thumbsup:

And, please, take your rubbish home with you.....

Live by the sea

Members
Oct 21, 2016
I’d be careful about hilltop cafe by the roundabout it seems to mainly attract van drivers after a quick bite to eat , it’s really a glorified transport cafe not really a place to aspire to hang out at especially with kids .

Most of the decent pubs in Hove & Brighton with outside seating are already fully booked. You could try le plage on Brighton beach/ seafront , is a new venue serves lunch and drinks . Food I understand from a mate is not bad . Not that greasy fried food like some of these beach places . Think it’s trying to be more sophisticated.

Or order seafood linguini & the house white ( surprisingly good )’ from Maroccos & eat on the beach .

Or a bit further along by the i360 starting to get touristy around there but ok - the regency restaurant does a lovely lobster or tasty whole sea bass takeout you can match with a nice bottle of Pinot noir and you can take it on the beach . Or you can just order a nice haddock and chips for the kids .

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In Brighton, or Hove. Central-ish but I'm not that fussy. Me, Mrs COPB, my mum, and two kids aged 10 and 6.

I've been looking and *everywhere* is bloody booked. Any ideas, NSC?

If you can get in the Copper Club was fantastic last weekend in Brighton Square, also try West Beech under the i360.

Also start planning four weeks from now and you won’t be disappointed, 2 days to go on a BH weekend is amateurish [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bn9 bha

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’d be careful about hilltop cafe by the roundabout it seems to mainly attract van drivers after a quick bite to eat , it’s really a glorified transport cafe not really a place to aspire to hang out at especially with kids.

What’s wrong with van drivers?
You do come across a bit snobbish sometimes. :glare:

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I cycled to the Crocodile Cafe in Saltdean, a hidden gem of proper Italian food. A nice day out.

Sorry being a pendant on myself, the cafe is in Lewes, not Brighton (just!)

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills