Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I know I'm probably being a bit naïve here, but when did we get to a point where clubs agree personal terms without permission to talk with a player by their current club?

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
I know I'm probably being a bit naïve here, but when did we get to a point where clubs agree personal terms without permission to talk with a player by their current club?
I may be way off, but I would guess that the club agrees personal terms with the players agent. Not a lot the club can do about this.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I believe clubs agreeing personal terms before even making a bid is very commonplace these days. Totally unethical in my opinion. There should be a rule whereby the selling club has to accept an offer before personal terms can be agreed. Otherwise it helps to agitate moves etc. players sign a contract and should honour that unless the selling club is willing to let them break it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We don't know that such permission wasn't granted - it seems likely that it could all have been done a while ago.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not game over yet then.

Attachments

• IMG_5654.png
    IMG_5654.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 222

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Exit clause? The one Barber has stated before none of the players have on their contracts as Tony refuses to have them. Interesting.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Bloke is just full of :shit:

Was "completing this week" when he's away in Italy at a wedding. Now "completing next week" when he's in the USA (apparently) getting ready for the Argentina vs Australia in China game in a couple of weeks. As if Tony would let him go for "way less" than £65m.

Just spouting crap. Yes it might have legs to Liverpool, but so much filling in the blanks that it's hilarious how some think it's gospel.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The quote where he says he is happy to stay - look at the question that was put to him...
I like the man even more. I think he is very humble and grateful for what Brighton has done for him.
Even if he knows he'll be playing for another club next season, he still says the right things.

Unlike one or two recent departures....

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
The quote where he says he is happy to stay - look at the question that was put to him...
"Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope."
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

Both of these quotes are how I am feeling after reading that!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
What a top bloke Mac Allister is. I hope everyone ignores all of the noise and misinformation from all of the social media “experts” and look at how he’s handled himself and what he’s actually said.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Mac Allister genuinely loves this football club. It's so rare to see these days.

He's not trying to engineer a move away like so many have done to us. He's treating the club with absolute respect. Perhaps his heart wants to stay, even if his brain says he can't miss out on an opportunity of trophies and/or a massive wage.

Don't think any of us will blame him if/when he goes. In fact I expect most of us will wish him success wherever he goes, even if it's a club that we're not fond of.

He a Brighton legend, an absolute gent, and a world class footballer.

Would be magical if he somehow stayed with us... but if not, would be ecstatic to see him come back home one day.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Anyone else think the timing of the move is because of the new agent rules, meaning surely his father / uncle can't represent him (get commission) after this window

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230602-122945~2.png
    Screenshot_20230602-122945~2.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 74

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Anyone else think the timing of the move is because of the new agent rules, meaning surely his father / uncle can't represent him (get commission) after this window
The impression I get is just that. I think Mac would happily stay one more season, but also understand why his Dad is chasing the £££.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here