[Albion] When will we have our new manager in place?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will we have our new manager in place?

• Today

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • This week

Votes: 25 9.9%
  • This month

Votes: 70 27.7%
  • First half of June

Votes: 126 49.8%
  • Second half of June

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • July

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If RDZ agrees to the job with the provisos Ratcliffe has come out with I think we can agree he is just chasing the money and has binned the honesty he talked about so much?
Not money, I don't think.

Glamour. Glory. Prestige. BEEEG club.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It does seem a particularly busy merry go round of managers this window so I guess that complicates the process. Numerous managers in the EPL and across Europe are playing musical chairs - when people start getting their ducks in a row, the music will stop and then we’ll know. At the moment, there could be multiple chain scenarios going on requiring 2 way or even 3 way contingent negotiations. There may be even more manager exits before the window is out. Very different market from replacing a manager in mid season with one that was immediately available.

Could happen today or in July - depends who our main target is and who else is interested.

(I do think if Potter was a leading target for us, it would have been announced by now though - unless he’s holding out for the England job (which would be ideal for him imo) )

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It does seem a particularly busy merry go round of managers this window so I guess that complicates the process. Numerous managers in the EPL and across Europe are playing musical chairs - when people start getting their ducks in a row, the music will stop and then we’ll know. At the moment, there could be multiple chain scenarios going on requiring 2 way or even 3 way contingent negotiations. There may be even more manager exits before the window is out. Very different market from replacing a manager in mid season with one that was immediately available.

Could happen today or in July - depends who our main target is and who else is interested.

(I do think if Potter was a leading target for us, it would have been announced by now though - unless he’s holding out for the England job (which would be ideal for him imo) )
The club haven’t named targets before, why would they advertise them now? ???

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024

Can only imagine that NSC and Brighton fans in general will begin to spontaneously combust if it comes to July and we haven't appointed anyone

carteater

Looking at all managerial/head coach appointments since Bloom took over.

Slade 1 Nov 09 Poyet appointed 10 November - 10 days
Poyet suspended 16 May 2013, sacked 24 June 13. Oscar Garcia appointed 26 June 2013 - 41 days after poyet was suspended, 2 days after sacked.
Oscar left/resign 12 May 14. Semi appointed 6 Jun 2014 - 25 days
Semi resign 22 Dec 14, Chris Hughton appointed 31 Dec 14 - 9 days.
Chris Hughton sacked 13 May 19, GPott appointed 20 May 19 - 7 days
GPott F***d off to them lot 8 Sep 2022, RDZ appointed on 18 Sep 22 - 10 days

De Zerbi left on 19/20 May 2024 - 11 days ago.

The latest one was Oscar, at the end of June 2013, 41 days if you go from when Poyet was suspended. Hyypia in June 2014 25 days after if you don't. So I guess we may probably know by the first half of June.
To be even more of a dullard, the average time is about 17 days, (skewed by poyet to oscar Garcia), so by that the new manager of either Potter, Rydstrom, Rosenior, Poch or Pulis will be appointed next Thursday or Friday.

Going by this we should know by 30th June 2024 at the very latest.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Strange response - They haven’t/aren’t - so not sure what I’m getting the raised eyebrow for - I was just answering the thread question.

If you are referring to GP - I’ve not once suggested he’s a target - my comment was in the manner of trying to dispel the prevailing idea on NSC recently that he is.
We don’t disclose targets, not even players. That would be counter productive, especially with so many clubs in Europe looking for a new head coach.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
We don’t disclose targets, not even players. That would be counter productive, especially with so many clubs in Europe looking for a new head coach.

We don't (unless it benefits us), but agents do - hence how things are generally known before official announcements and how Romano has made a career.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We don't (unless it benefits us), but agents do - hence how things are generally known before official announcements and how Romano has made a career.
Give me an example of us naming a target? I wasn’t talking about agents. So not sure why you’re mentioning them.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Give me an example of us naming a target? I wasn’t talking about agents. So not sure why you’re mentioning them.
Agents: Because that's how names often get into the media/public domain.

Naming a target: Alex Crook often knows the inside scoop on Brighton, I seem to remember they used him during the Arsenal/ Caicedo drama to repeat that we would not sell. Here he is naming a target.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Agents: Because that's how names often get into the media/public domain.

Naming a target: Alex Crook often knows the inside scoop on Brighton, I seem to remember they used him during the Arsenal/ Caicedo drama to repeat that we would not sell. Here he is naming a target.

All rumors. Nothing more.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RdZ will explode when he sees the straightjacket list he has to comply with.
Indeed. Not only a straight jacket, but a straight pair of trousers also. And a tie. It's the thin end of the edge

640px-Erik_ten_Hag_2017.jpg

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Are you actually reading my posts - where have I said we do?

I think I’m being wooshed here / nothing I have ever said on NSC even comes close to me saying we disclose our manager or player targets - and as I said in my second post on this thread, nor did I in my first post on this thread. As people know that follow my posts, I say the opposite- including wrt players.

If you‘re on a wind up go and do it to someone else - I’m not in the mood having had a very long day at work followed by an hour’s doctors appointment and getting soaking wet 3 times today and literally just sat down 🤨

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk

I think I’m being wooshed here / nothing I have ever said on NSC even comes close to me saying we disclose our manager or player targets - and as I said in my second post on this thread, nor did I in my first post on this thread. As people know that follow my posts, I say the opposite- including wrt players.

If you‘re on a wind up go and do it to someone else - I’m not in the mood having had a very long day at work followed by an hour’s doctors appointment and getting soaking wet 3 times today and literally just sat down 🤨
Relax, put your feet up and watch something funny for half an hour or so. Then in 3 or 4 pages time everyone will have forgotten or skipped completely.
We are only coming on here foolishly believing that someone might actually have some accurate info. ;)

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Please don’t be rude about him, set pieces aren’t just corners and free kicks you know! How the players walk out with the ball boys/girls and how the line up for the pre match photo is just as important as goals.
And kick offs, don't forget kick offs.

We got lots of practice at those when we let Luton put 4 past us in January :mad:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Awwww....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports