Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When we win Saturday all will be forgotten

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone know when mitoma, adingra, fati, march are back?
I know it’s the thing to pretend missing players will significantly change things - but most of those players at some time have also been involved in a 4+ / 5+ / 6+ drubbing as well I’m afraid

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know it’s the thing to pretend missing players will significantly change things - but most of those players at some time have also been involved in a 4+ / 5+ / 6+ drubbing as well I’m afraid
We are missing players to such an extent that the manager has changed the system and tactics.

Pretty significant IMHO.

Reactions: A1X

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Why is whenever we come up against palace we never have a full strength squad available and looks like risk Pedro won’t be available for this one either.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
🤞for Olise and Eze being out and the response being a little more nuanced than RdZ setting up for 0-0-10 kamikaze ball! I wonder if Baleba as an almost sweeper is worth trying again or at the very least attempting to nullify the counter as was done recently against WH.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are missing players to such an extent that the manager has changed the system and tactics.

Pretty significant IMHO.
Really ? Who was missing against Everton last season. Or Villa / West Ham this season ?

Are you really telling me that the XI we put out last night is not good enough to put up more of a challenge than we did.

Down to the manager for me

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Really ? Who was missing against Everton last season. Or Villa / West Ham this season ?

Are you really telling me that the XI we put out last night is not good enough to put up more of a challenge than we did.

Down to the manager for me
Our tactics are our tactics, they served us well last season, accepting that one has to take the rough with the smooth (not something i would change but that is a matter of opinion of course).

Our tactics and philosophy mean that we are always going to have the odd shocking result. The net result of last season was fantastic wheras this season has been . . . well . . . less so. The difference is not in the tactics but in the personnel, aside from the last few games where lack of wingers has forced us to try something difference.

For me the solution does not come in the form of changing our tactics and philosophy but in finding a way to get our best players on the pitch more often.

In short, the change from last season to this is firstly because of injury and squad imbalance and secondly from playing more games via Europe (compounded by the first point). Not because suddenly our tactics and outlook are no good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here