Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When football streams freeze....

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I believe there is a lot of buffering on these moody streams due to demand. For some reason my iPad is less susceptible to buffering and generally find that most streams play perfectly throughout.
Last weekend however, all of my usual streams failed for the first 10-15 mins.
I don’t generally have connection issues and have presented online radio for a few years without any connection issues. Uploading is far more demanding in this regard.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
2003 Rugby World Cup final, Australia vs England.

I recorded the game on a VCR so I could watch it at a decent time. Managed to avoid hearing the score. Game tied at full time, just a few seconds left in extra time, ball comes out to Johny Wilkinson, he goes for a drop goal, the ball leaves his boot..............and the tape runs out...............

Reminds me of a time when my Mrs. AMA was about to do her own "oooh ah aaaaawwww" when the pet jumps on her face. We haven't had a pet since.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Get a firestick.....

I have 200mbps broadband at home, not sure on the downstream though. I have numerous ways of streaming but one of the most common ways that I use is a laptop streaming hesgoal and HDMI to the tv. I can quite often get pauses and have to refresh. For the WHU game, I took the firestick to the pub, connected to the cloud and streamed hesgoal. I only had maybe 2 pauses throughout the game and they lasted less than a second and the picture was perfect hd. I'm not sure if this was the firestick, the cloud or just got lucky. I will try the firestick again at home, not tried this before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here