Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When are October fixture changes going to be announced

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It all depends on Covid, doesn't it..........and the football authorities don't seem to have thought about putting anything into the rules for this season. What if a club can't put out a team because they're all (or a significantly large section) required by law to self isolate so can't play the match. This looks like a very likely situation in the not too distant future, so:
a). Is the match postponed, to be slotted in to the crowded schedule later?
b). Does the club that can't put out a team because of Covid have to forfeit the match - and if so, is the other team awarded 3 points, 1 point, or is the game just voided?
c). In the case of cup matches, does the unaffected team just get a bye to the next round?
or d). Have the relevant authorities just put their fingers in their ears and gone 'Nah, nah, nah, nah'?
or e). (if d applies) will they just make random decision on 'does this affect a big club or a lesser one that doesn't matter so much' basis?

I know where my money would go ..........................................
Well they need to plan for fixtures on certain dates even if they can't fulfill surely ?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
First they need to decide a protocol for what happens if a fixture can't be fulfilled because of Coronavirus. Have they done that yet?
Why do they need to do that ? They haven't up until now.

I'm guessing the delay is because they need to know the situation with tv allowances in October. Might be a chance of 1k in the ground each game but that will probably mean not all games will be on the box.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
First they need to decide a protocol for what happens if a fixture can't be fulfilled because of Coronavirus. Have they done that yet?

If you can’t fulfil the fixture due to Covid infections the other team are given the win. Well that’s how it works in Cup Rugby and I think the same in Cup Football. No time to rearrange the fixture is the reasoning, this should not be the same for League football as long as we don’t go into lockdown?

In short, who knows :shrug:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54237123

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why do they need to do that ? They haven't up until now.

I'm guessing the delay is because they need to know the situation with tv allowances in October. Might be a chance of 1k in the ground each game but that will probably mean not all games will be on the box.

Radio Five just said there will be no returning spectators in October.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Midweek PL games now 5.45 & 8pm due to pub curfew.
All games on 3rd to 5th October on Sky/BT

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54270865
8pm game will not finish until at least 21:50 and more like 21:55. 5 minutes to kick everyone out? Pubs around me are doing time at either 9:15 or 9:30 and everyone out by 21:45. Not sure the TV companies have thought about this, surely 7:30 or even 7:45 would have been better?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
8pm game will not finish until at least 21:50 and more like 21:55. 5 minutes to kick everyone out? Pubs around me are doing time at either 9:15 or 9:30 and everyone out by 21:45. Not sure the TV companies have thought about this, surely 7:30 or even 7:45 would have been better?

But isn't part of the point to actually disrupt 'gatherings' and so changing timings too much would be 'unpopular' with the science-led directives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here