Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whatever...

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I’ve got a complaint! I used to love watching all the games of football that come along. Now I only enjoy watching Brighton. What has it come to?
Find it staggering that in light of our league position and the entertainment level of our games that we haven't had more games televised. Not complaining, the number of 3pm Saturday kick offs this season has been great. They don't know what they are missing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is far, far better than 79-83.

That was built on (financial) sand. Bamber absolutely had to sell key players to prevent illiquidity. There was no strategic planning, we didn’t regularly out play the big spenders with a beautiful game.

Enjoying it all in real time.

With a feeling it might get even better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Find it staggering that in light of our league position and the entertainment level of our games that we haven't had more games televised. Not complaining, the number of 3pm Saturday kick offs this season has been great. They don't know what they are missing.
I’d really hate that.

Long may Manure and Spuds have the shit KO times.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
This is far, far better than 79-83.

That was built on (financial) sand. Bamber absolutely had to sell key players to prevent illiquidity. There was no strategic planning, we didn’t regularly out play the big spenders with a beautiful game.

Enjoying it all in real time.

With a feeling it might get even better.
I was there and I completely agree. Think our stadium is better this time also.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's a good point. I haven't seen any info on whether we are mathematically safe yet so I assume we aren't.

We're going down, aren't we.

Bugger.

We need three wins to be safe. Well, eight points should do the job unless Bournemouth can overcome a 47 goal swing. Hurry up lads and get to that 54 point mark, then we can all breathe easy.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
So many highlights that will be talked about for years

Winning at Old Trafford opening day
Smashing Leicester to go 4th
Smashing Chelsea
Knocking Arsenal out the noddyish cup on their patch
Smashing Everton
Smashing Liverpool
Smashing West Ham
Beating the scum !
Semi finals of the cup

Easily the most long lasting memory's that have been made in a season in my lifetime
And we smashed the Muff !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A year or so before that some people were saying they 'preferred the Championship'. Surely no one thinks that now?
I was in that camp a couple of years ago. Football, for all its tribalism, is also supposed to be entertainment. My view was that if we were unable to compete regularly with the average PL team, it was an unhappy experience. The constant nag of 'will we be relegated' dripping away at one each new year was depressing. However once Potter took over, there was an immediate improvement in our style if not our results and I started to change my view. I remember posting to a bunch of fellow BHA fans on Facebook 2 seasons ago that I thought we were on the verge of something special. Something special has, as others have noted, needed recalibration this season as I realise that our trajectory may exceed all my wildest and hitherto, unrealistic expectations. I keep wondering if I have woken up in a parallel universe.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Been supporting since late 80's and it's funny that I don't really put this season up and over some of our other great seasons in terms of enjoyment.

I absolutely love this team, such a relateable bunch of blokes, an honest and inspiring manager. I felt equally enthralled by the Knockeart, Stockdale, Kayal, Murray team and the Cullip, Watson, Zamora Kuipers teams.

I suppose to me it doesn't matter what division we're in, I just love my Saturdays out at the football and watching a team who have a go and can get a few goals
I think you're right in that the division doesn't matter. It's about the team unity, connection and what they achieve. The Zamora, Kuipers, Cullip team was the team that gave us our pride back after the previous decade of horrible decline, toxicity and near oblivion.

The Duncan Duffy, Bruno, Knockaert, Murray team is the team that finally got us back to the top of the tree and allowed us to finally cast off any lingering chains of the Goldstone/Gillingham/Archer years. The oppressive weight of those years were finally cast aside.

This team will/should be remembered with similar fondness. This is the team that is writing previously barely dreamed of chapters in our clubs history. These are incredible times!

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
And we smashed the Muff !
I'm actually quite chuffed that in 5 games so far against my 3 most disliked teams we are unbeaten to the tune of 13 points. We're talking south coast/south London.

There's still a chance that all 3 could go down, now that would be amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here