Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What worries me about Gus leaving....

fannybreath

Feb 26, 2013
Noones at Cardiff mate ;) but yes I totally agree the club is bigger than Gus, just would be such a shame to see us having to start over with a new manager!!

Hes always hinting he wants to go though, but at this time in the season is bad timing, 8 games to go, sitting 7th in table.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Noones at Cardiff mate ;) but yes I totally agree the club is bigger than Gus, just would be such a shame to see us having to start over with a new manager!!

Peter Taylor left (in 1976), we replaced him with Mullery and won two promotions. Micky Adams left, he was replaced with Peter Taylor and we won promotion. Steve Coppell left for somewhere-or-other, Mark McGhee replaced him, and .... I'm sure you get the picture.

fannybreath

Feb 26, 2013
Are you fishing here with Kusz??

Nah, i dont like him personally, but its all opinions, he has had a few good games, i.e against hull and cardiff. Birmingham away? oh dear.

He looks awkward, stick legs and broad upper body, always a weird combo..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With the will he/won't he talk of Gus going to Reading, one thing worries me more than Gus actually leaving and that's the potential players he could take with him in the summer....

David Lopez is out of contract so will be free to talk to who he wants and surely Gus would try to get him in at Reading!

Liam Bridcutt has probably been one of the most important players under Gus and starts every game when available without fail, I would be shocked if Gus didn't put in a cheeky bid for him and what with Reading's parachute payments would be able to offer Liam a better wage!

This is more than just about Gus, I wouldn't be so worried f he was joining someone like Chelsea but with Reading being a similar sort of club (albeit a higher league status at the moment) than there is a real chance out whole team could be dismantled and all out hard work come undone!
You really think this with TB and PB at the helm?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
ye says the guy with cristiano ronaldo in a brighton shirt as your d/p... lol you must have time on your hands

True, as a uni student i do have a LOT of time on my hands.

TK is one of the best keepers in the league, and is the best we've had in my lifetime. How anybody can not rate him is beyond me.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure TB is smart enough to include a 'no poaching' agreement as part of the settlement.

Should cover a season, at least.

Would prob only apply to players under contract, though, so not Spanish Dave.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
True, as a uni student i do have a LOT of time on my hands.

TK is one of the best keepers in the league, and is the best we've had in my lifetime. How anybody can not rate him is beyond me.

your avatar is quality.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
spanish flair

if poyet does leave to reading
will it hinder our chances of getting cheap Spanish players in the future?
??? hope not as their basically our team and with their contracts running out at the end of the season. then who knows?
hate to be negative but was worth writing IMO

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
When Gus leaves all our players are going to leave too.

The Amex will be dismantled, packed up and shipped off to China for scrap, and we will move back to the Withdean.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Pretty much the same fear I've got, would be astonished if we weren't fighting off teams for Kuszczak and Bridcutt over the summer as it is, Gus offering them more money (probably) and a chance to carry on with him might be just too good for them to say no to. Unless we offer Bridcutt the managers job, keys to the city and a pay rise/all of the money of course (a plan I would thoroughly support).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here