Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What was your favourite toy, as a child.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I used to have boxes & boxes of these as a kid. Used to go away in the caravan down to Graffham a lot with my parents, & I always used to take my soldiers with me so I could set them all up amongst the bracken & dirt in battle situations....

View attachment 129233

Also still got all my original Star Wars figures, AT-ATs, etc - as well as a load of carded Power of the Force figures & vehicles that were released about 25yrs ago.

Love those soldiers.

We had a period at junior school of playing 'nearest the wall' with those. For some reason the snipers were the Holy Grail.

It later moved on to those plastic airline discs. Pan-Am replaced the snipers.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This, a 16 cap Winchester replica rifle with which I took great pleasure in regularly shooting anyone who I didn't like

6E8A1F18-640B-4A24-933B-23FA42123DDB.jpeg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Love those soldiers.

We had a period at junior school of playing 'nearest the wall' with those. For some reason the snipers were the Holy Grail.

It later moved on to those plastic airline discs. Pan-Am replaced the snipers.

THe ones laying down were always tops, is that the snipers? maybe because you didn't have to get the buggers to stand up in the garden!
From memory, to kill them
( with match stick missile) they had to flip over.Plastic_Toy_Soldiers_C.jpg

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I had about 200 of these miniature cowboy and indian figures which I spent ages patiently setting up into a giant battle scene and once they were all set up I proceeded to knock each one over one by one as they were killed in battle. Great fun. I still have them but not played with for a while.

View attachment 129216

Ohhh, I did something similar with little soldiers and a matchstick gun. I even had hills made of chicken wire and fake grass and a river between. would spend hours setting up the armies and then more hours knocking them over.

I was a lonely boy.......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From memory, to kill them ( with match stick missile) they had to flip over.View attachment 129242

What was wrong with you...

marbles boy, marbles roll them at them boooossshhh crasssshhh their dead (apart from your favourite enemy, you know you had one, who would with a swoop of the fingers be picked up and placed in safety)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Players actually kick the ball (just don't press too hard or his leg falls off)

Obviously a dig at subbuteo, but even though I had it, it never was as good as subbuteo.

Who the feck came round to your house to play striker or anything for that matter in a bloody tie.....

Attachments

• striker-football-kick-vintage-1970s_360_16b4ad37bfda24e97b9f6f8c42c134b8.jpg
    striker-football-kick-vintage-1970s_360_16b4ad37bfda24e97b9f6f8c42c134b8.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 29

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
View attachment 129213

Star wars. I used to get 20p a day pocket money for sweets or if I went all week without sweets I could have a Star wars figure.

I used to play star wars football in my hallway. Good guys against the baddies. Darth Vader, the emperor, boba fett, a couple of storm troopers, an imperial commander, an imperial guard(those guys in red with the long cape) and one of those guys that rode that flying bike thing in return of the jedi against Luke, Han, frozen Han(he played in goal), Leia, chewie, C3PO, R2D2 and obi wan kenobi.

If I wanted a full 11 v 11 I'd include either my he-man figures or transformers.

D

Deleted member 2719

Striker and Rebound probably got used to the point of destruction.

Indeed, one player's head DID snap off in Striker due to over zealous thwacking of the ball at a direct free kick.

Poor old 'Thunderbolt Boots', as he was affectionately known.

View attachment 129223

Great game, used to try trick shots with them too.

I like the name of 'Thunderbolt Boots'!

It like we were destined to be together.:lol:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Subbuteo, football and cricket, loved them both, rugby was possibly the result of a boozy lunch at Subbuteo HQ in the 1960’s. The sport just didn’t work on the green baize.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here