Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was the worst ref decision today?

Which of today’s decisions was the worst?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
VAR had it both ways with the two disallowed goals; Incredibly frustrating. I can just about take the Mitoma one because the evidence to overturn the decision is not clear and obvious enough (although I don’t think Spurs would have complained much had it been given).

But the Alimac flick needed CLEAR & OBVIOUS evidence to scrub. There was none.

So, it should have been 2-2 plus 3 huge penalty shouts.
If we were winning 2-1 in the closing stages of the game, we would not have been chasing the game so we may have had more defenders around Kane making it less likely that he wouod score.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Probably, the handball in isolation was correct but I guess the VAR good didn’t look at the shove
And I guess this is where it gets even more complicated. I assume VAR is not allowed to look at a supplementary incident on which the onfield officials have not noted or made a decision on? If they were surely they would have seen the the very clear shove that results in Mitoma having to control the ball in the manner he did. Without that shove the ball is ahead of him and greater opportunity control legitimately with obvious chest or his feet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And I guess this is where it gets even more complicated. I assume VAR is not allowed to look at a supplementary incident on which the onfield officials have not noted or made a decision on? If they were surely they would have seen the the very clear shove that results in Mitoma having to control the ball in the manner he did. Without that shove the ball is ahead of him and greater opportunity control legitimately with obvious chest or his feet.
Probably - imagine this is exactly the kind of clarification the club have been seeking

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The worst decision was the Alexis goal. It's the only one where the correct decision was given on the field and it was incorrectly overturned by Stockley Park. The ball did not hit MacAlister's arm, it hit his hip.

The other decisions were all incorrect to begin with. Lenglet handball missed (I can forgive Attwell, not VAR); Mitoma handball (Lino's fault VAR too spineless to overturn); Mitoma penalty Attwell got it completely wrong from a few yards away, ditto for the Dunk penalty.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well - yes they are if it is a shove in the box - it's a penalty incident, so they are at liberty to review it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here