Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What the actual f*** is this abomination?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They can grow really big if bought in doors and drill into the back of your head when you sleep and take overboard your body and mind completely. Of course they’ll tell you you are being paranoid Harry.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Please do not do that - it’s a stag beetle larva as Clamp says - very good for the garden and a priority species for conservation, they are a Red Listed species - it wont do anything to your lawn it feeds on dead wood ffs and will fly away once hatched.

You need to bury it again with rotting wood in a shady place … or if you must relocate it to some old woods somewhere and likewise bury it the depth you found it.
This.
We had a shed load up our allotment this year.
I was replacing some border logs and found a whole group of them.
Now re-sited under a bush wirh said log.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You can see the size of it from the saw tip. I dug it out of the roots of a 30 year old bush I decided to dig up.

(I put it somewhere safe, in case you think I dunked it in a mug of Tequila and downed it in one).
What are you doing in your garden at 11 .20 pm ??? ??? ???
Do your new Swedish neighbours have a hot tub.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's an alien lifeform, and is looking for the leader of the free world.

I wouldn't be surprised if an old Police phone box appeared on your lawn, or James T Kirk and Mr. Spock energised down to your lawn.

Exciting times.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had moth larvae in my carpet once…… they ate my Axminster.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like something stuck on a saw blade to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Looks like something stuck on a saw blade to me 🤷🏻‍♂️
True enough. HWT has helpfully included a saw blade to give some idea of scale. But how big is Harry's saw?
If this is the saw then its all a bit underwhelming;

1697053244236.png

If this is the saw then I suggest adopting the fetal position and/or fouling of underpants immediately! Hope I'm not too late...
1697053359579.png

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Things have escalated in @Harry Wilson's tackle ’s back garden, but he wanted to assure everyone that it’s boots on the ground and he’s holding his position well …or not 😳

Great job HWT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here