Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What striker(s) would you like us to sign in the summer?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Roman Yaremchuk.
Scored 5 goals for Ukraine in 2019.
6ft 3 but likes the ball on the ground. Great feet.
Plays for Gent. 24. Genuine international class potential.
Been mentioned here in the past.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd love Callum Wilson too, but if Bmuff sell, he can do much better for himself than us, great goalscoring record, recent England international et al.

I’m with both you and [MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION], Wilson would be a great target for us.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Folarin Balogun. Needs singing in the Summer.

Folarin Balogan is a name I've heard a couple of times this week who seems to fit the type of player Dan Ashworth would recruit.
He's an 18 year old USA born striker that is highly rated at Arsenal. He has one year left on his contract and has informed Arsenal he won't be signing a new contract because he wants to play first team football which he believes he can achieve elsewhere sooner.

Therefore apparently Arsenal would need to sell him this summer before losing him on a free transfer in 12 months time.

It was reported that Brentford had a £5 million bid knocked back in January.
Allegedly Southampton, AC Milan and Brentford are still linked as well as 'many' other clubs.https://tbrfootball.com/report-southampton-one-of-many-clubs-interested-in-arsenals-folarin-balogun/

I haven't a clue if he's any good but us Brits do like to join a queue if people are showing a keen interest to buy something.
If Arsenal want to keep him and several other clubs want him, that's good enough for me.

And he's still only 18!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Folarin Balogan is a name I've heard a couple of times this week who seems to fit the type of player Dan Ashworth would recruit.
He's an 18 year old USA born striker that is highly rated at Arsenal. He has one year left on his contract and has informed Arsenal he won't be signing a new contract because he wants to play first team football which he believes he can achieve elsewhere sooner.

Therefore apparently Arsenal would need to sell him this summer before losing him on a free transfer in 12 months time.

It was reported that Brentford had a £5 million bid knocked back in January.
Allegedly Southampton, AC Milan and Brentford are still linked as well as 'many' other clubs.https://tbrfootball.com/report-southampton-one-of-many-clubs-interested-in-arsenals-folarin-balogun/

I haven't a clue if he's any good but us Brits do like to join a queue if people are showing a keen interest to buy something.
If Arsenal want to keep him and several other clubs want him, that's good enough for me.

And he's still only 18!

Bugger, just started a thread about him, hopefully someone will merge. looks like a prospect that lad.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
If Brentford Stay down in the Championship I think 3 or 4 of their players are well worth looking at. The amount of goals they get as a team is amazing, 67 so far this season! Ollie Watkins, Bryan Mbeumo and Saïd Benrahma with 48 goals and 17 assists between them. WOOF! Also Josh Dasilva looks like a quality player. All 4 very young.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If Brentford Stay down in the Championship I think 3 or 4 of their players are well worth looking at. The amount of goals they get as a team is amazing, 67 so far this season! Ollie Watkins, Bryan Mbeumo and Saïd Benrahma with 48 goals and 17 assists between them. WOOF! Also Josh Dasilva looks like a quality player. All 4 very young.

They could be our feeder club....

Tony would love that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jhon Cordoba, 27, Colombian - plays for Cologne who are in the relegation zone of the Bundesliga. About to enter final year of contract. 13 league goals this season. Powerful Drogba- style forward.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pretty sure we have a "type" these days. Younger players who are eager to impress and / or have a point to prove, who the club feel they can improve (like Lamptey).

Couldn't see us going for Barnes or a Giroud. For starters, Giroud is probably on £100k/wk and has a piss poor attitude at times: no way would he pass the No Dickheads rule. Wilson is the sort of striker (pacey, dynamic) who would fit the bill in terms of the desired style of play, but he'll go to a bigger club than us when he leaves PLAFCB. Abraham may well move on from Chelsea but he's also on huge wages already. Watkins would be decent but I think Brentford will get promoted, and I imagine he'll stay with them if that's the case, unless he gets a lucrative offer from another PL club.

Wonder if our scouts might stay away from Belgium or the Netherlands this time, however.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Wout Weghorst from Wolfsburg is a great target man with a good strike rate who also works hard for the team and would be perfect for us. At 27 he’s a good age for us but would cost at least £30m and would want wages to match. We need to go all out for Murray’s successor, it’s where we most need an injection of real quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here