Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is everyone's favourite designer brand

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
loads of Stussy, DC, Carhartt and a few bits of ONETrueSaxon.
Also love BOSS but can't afford it anymore :(

Just out of interest; to all you Superdry lovers out there.You are aware that it is not some trendy US or oriental brand but is infact 3 blokes from a trading estate just outside Cheltenham?

Marketing - a wonderful tool. Spin enough bullshit and the sheep will follow:)

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just out of interest; to all you Superdry lovers out there.You are aware that it is not some trendy US or oriental brand but is infact 3 blokes from a trading estate just outside Cheltenham?

Would rather the make originated from England than following trends from America

Don't have any Superdry myself, but I'm not it being British is exactly a bad thing is it?

Don't get me wrong, I am all in favour of British brands making good, but I do see it as a fine example of the way people buy into an idea of where a brand's origins are. To me it is a fine example of following the trend without really knowing the brand. I was not implying that because it was British it was in any way "inferior", merely that it is a very clever marketing/design strategy.

easy

Aug 19, 2011
East Stand: H Block
Ah, OK, I'm with you. The hoodies and T's do always look very American or Asian inspired. I don't know if their clothes are particularly high quality or well fitted, of if it's just about the big logos.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ah, OK, I'm with you. The hoodies and T's do always look very American or Asian inspired. I don't know if their clothes are particularly high quality or well fitted, of if it's just about the big logos.

A lot of the brands people have mentioned on here are Italian I believe - hardly US-centric.

Jimmy Grimble

Anyone wearing Superdry, Jack Wills, Hollister or A&F is a clueless spav. And that's just for starters.

get yourself some nudie jeans and a proper barbour (or a lovely Swedish) coat (not the snide liddlesdale ones), a classic Ralph shirt and a smart pair of adidas trainers.

in fact don't, cos you'll just make it look shit. :thumbsup:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea

100% aware and the reason I choose to buy it. My choices are heavily influenced towards buying brands of British origin. Although my source of information about the company's nationality tends to be the rather dubious Wikipedia.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't get me wrong, I am all in favour of British brands making good, but I do see it as a fine example of the way people buy into an idea of where a brand's origins are. To me it is a fine example of following the trend without really knowing the brand. I was not implying that because it was British it was in any way "inferior", merely that it is a very clever marketing/design strategy.

If you keep up with news you will know that Superdry are British. Every few months they're trotted out for the press as they're doing amazingly well in a difficult industry and during a recession. Their story is literally a rags to riches tale as well........with some help from Beckham.

And of course, buying into fashion is partly buying into an idea. I do not think anyone is being hoodwinked when they buy Superdry.

Last edited:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Just a thought, but have a look at the label in your favourite gear, and I would think more than fifty per cent of it was made in China. I'm not overly bothered about the manufacturer/designer of my gear, but prefer it to be made in England/USA/Italy :thumbsup:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
If you keep up with news you will know that Superdry are British. Every few months they're trotted out for the press as they're doing amazingly well in a difficult industry and during a recession. Their story is literally a rags to riches tale as well........with some help from Beckham.

And of course, buying into fashion is partly buying into an idea. I do not think anyone is being hoodwinked when they buy Superdry.

But where are they manufactured? China I should imagine?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here