Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what in thee blue hell is this about?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I've been away for a bit and I've just checked my inbox and have received possibley the most absurd E-mail ever, has anyone else got this??

STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL
DEPARTMENT OF MINERALS AND ENERGY
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA.
Email: william72bank@netscape.net

Sir,

It is my great pleasure to write you this letter on behalf of my colleagues. Your information was given to me by a member of the Economic Society of South African Chambers of Trade and Commerce (ESSACTC) who was with the Government delegation on a trip to your country for a bilateral conference talk to encourage foreign investors. I have decided to seek a confidential co-operation with you in the execution of a deal hereunder for the benefit of all parties and hope you will keep it confidential because of
the nature of this business.

Within the Department of Minerals and Energy where I work as a Director of Audit, with the co-operation of four other top officials, we have in our possession an overdue payment in US funds.

The said funds represent certain percentage of the contract value executed on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm, which we the officials over-invoiced to the amount of US$21,100,000 (Twenty-one Million One Hundred Thousand US Dollars).

Since the present elected Government is determined to pay foreign
contractors all debts owed, so as to maintain good relations with foreign governments and non-governmental agencies, we included our bills for approvals with the Department of Finance and the Reserve Bank of South Africa (RBSA). We are seeking your assistance to front as the beneficiary of the unclaimed funds, since we are not allowed to operate foreign accounts.

Details and change of beneficiary information upon application for claim to reflect payment and approvals will be secured on behalf of you/your Company.

My colleagues and I are prepared to give you US$4.24m while we take
US$14.74m and the balance of US$2.12m for taxes and miscellaneous expenses incurred.

This business is completely safe and secure, provided you treat it with utmost confidentiality. It does not matter whether you/your Company does contract projects, as a transfer of powers will be secured in favour of you/your Company. Your specialization is not a hindrance to the successful execution of this transaction. I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you will not disappoint us.

Kindly notify me with this private Email address:william72bank@netscape.net for further details upon your acceptance of this proposal.

Yours Faithfully
Mr. William Bank

william72bank@netscape.net

NB.PLEASE LEAVE A PHONE LINE THAT I CAN REACH YOU WITH.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is the same scam that is being run from Nigeria.....

Just ignore it mate

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Go for it Dwayne, all sounds above board and straight:lolol:

PS I got the same email two weeks ago but didn't respond, more fool me eh

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I get loads of these e-mails. They are all the same and f***ing stoopid. Only Americans and the Welsh ever get f***ed by them apparently.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
if you give them your bank account details - you'll loose everything that you've got in there - they'll probably use it to make fake id's and you'll have a million and one credit cards applied for in your name - and your email accounts will be sold to junk mail distributors even if you so much as reply to it!!

Easy decision mate - delete!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I just think it's amusing most of these scams seem plausible at first glance but this one is hilarious!!

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
it's called an advance fee fraud dwayne, was very common a couple of years ago. normally, as noted above, from nigeria, never seen a south african one. the bloke must have seen on here that you hang around with one of the world's top chimney sweeps so he thinks you're loaded!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
they can have everything in my bank account??

brilliant,whats the address?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I liked this version that I got just after the liberation of Baghdad. I was thinking of forwarding it to the CIA, as I'm sure it is as genuine as Dwayne's.

"From: MR NASSERY HOSEIN

Dear Sir,

You may be surprise to receive this letter from me,as a result of hearing from for the very first. . The purpose of my mail is that I am MR NASSERY HOSEIN , the first son of PRESIDENT SADDAM HOSEIN,born from another woman which is the third wife of my father.

I am writing from a near by country which i don't want to disclose it now for security reasons, where I am currently based as political asylum seeker. Before my father was force out from office by bush and blair , he deposit the sum of (US$35.5M) thirty-five million, five hundred thousand United States Dollars only, in a private Security and Finance Company. May be he for-saw the looming danger of bush and blair ? This money was paid cash to the company on my name to the Security Company.

This money was initially meant for me to start a new life.All my brothers and my sisters have similar account deposited in different countries, I don't want any body to know where i am for the moment . I want you to asisit me to take control of this fund and we have to make a change for the name then you will stand as the owner of the fund i am doing this not to enble the finance compay,not to confisicate the fund.I want you to discause with the company so that they can transfer the fund to your personal account, actully i am seeking for a genuine person with foreign account to handle this transaction.

I am faced with the dilemma of investing, I will not like to go through the experience of my father, his account in America have frozed and in England the same thing happen.At the end of this transaction i will compersate you with 20% of this fund. And any thing amount it cost you to transfer it, i promise you must get it back. let me asure you that is 100% percent risk free, i already keep 5% for any expense encured during this transaction risk free. If you accept to assist me and my family, you have to reply me as soon as you get this mail.

You may contact me on the above E-mail so that I know what your decision is, about this proposal. Please note that your field of specialization is not a hindrance to this transaction.
Thanks for your anticipated co-operations.

Best regards,

Nassery Hosein "

Juan Albion said:
I liked this version that I got just after the liberation of Baghdad. I was thinking of forwarding it to the CIA, as I'm sure it is as genuine as Dwayne's.

"From: MR NASSERY HOSEIN

Dear Sir,

You may be surprise to receive this letter from me,as a result of hearing from for the very first. . The purpose of my mail is that I am MR NASSERY HOSEIN , the first son of PRESIDENT SADDAM HOSEIN,born from another woman which is the third wife of my father.

I am writing from a near by country which i don't want to disclose it now for security reasons, where I am currently based as political asylum seeker. Before my father was force out from office by bush and blair , he deposit the sum of (US$35.5M) thirty-five million, five hundred thousand United States Dollars only, in a private Security and Finance Company. May be he for-saw the looming danger of bush and blair ? This money was paid cash to the company on my name to the Security Company.

This money was initially meant for me to start a new life.All my brothers and my sisters have similar account deposited in different countries, I don't want any body to know where i am for the moment . I want you to asisit me to take control of this fund and we have to make a change for the name then you will stand as the owner of the fund i am doing this not to enble the finance compay,not to confisicate the fund.I want you to discause with the company so that they can transfer the fund to your personal account, actully i am seeking for a genuine person with foreign account to handle this transaction.

I am faced with the dilemma of investing, I will not like to go through the experience of my father, his account in America have frozed and in England the same thing happen.At the end of this transaction i will compersate you with 20% of this fund. And any thing amount it cost you to transfer it, i promise you must get it back. let me asure you that is 100% percent risk free, i already keep 5% for any expense encured during this transaction risk free. If you accept to assist me and my family, you have to reply me as soon as you get this mail.

You may contact me on the above E-mail so that I know what your decision is, about this proposal. Please note that your field of specialization is not a hindrance to this transaction.
Thanks for your anticipated co-operations.

Best regards,

Nassery Hosein "

Presumably this would account for our embarresments in Australia during the winer. Win the toss at Brisbane and put them in,...... what was he thinking of ? Now I understand that he had bigger problems than dealing with Brett Lee from 22 yards.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Mr. Hassoun Odhiambo.
Barclays Bank of Kenya Ltd
Mezzanine 3, Barclays Plaza
Loita Street
Nairobi-Kenya
Tel: 88-21-65-55-15-306

Dear friend,

This is a proposal in context but actually an appeal soliciting for your unreserved assistance in consummating an urgent transaction requiring maximum confidence. Though this approach appears desperate, I can assureyou that
whatever questions you would need to ask or any other thing you will need to know regarding this proposal will be adequately answered to give you a clearer understanding of it, so as to arrive at a successful conclusion. My name is Mr.Hassoun Odhiambo, Head of Securities, Barclays Bank of Kenya, Loita Street, Nairobi. On December 6, 1999, a foreign consultant/contractor with the Cadbury Kenya Ltd, Mr. David Sidney Jocelyn-Duffield, made a numbered time (fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued atUS$8,000,000.00, (Eight Million United States Dollars) in my branch. Upon maturity,I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply.After a month, I sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Cadbury Kenya Ltd, that Mr. Jocelyn-Duffield died from an automobile accident. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Jocelyn-Duffield did not declare any next of kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in our Bank. I havecarefully moved out these funds (US$8million) from our bank as sundry funds to an offshore Deposit Company in the Dubai U.A.E Union.

>From past experiences, I know that no one will ever come forward to claim the deceased funds. According to Kenyan Law, at the expiration of 5 (five)years, the funds will be Unclaimable and revert to the ownership of the Kenyan Government if nobody applies to claim the fund. In order to avert this negative development, I in conjunction with a colleague (the Chief Operating Officer in the bank) now seek your permission to allow my attorney do a CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP/REASSIGNMENT OF CREDIT of stated funds from the"deceased" to your name, so that the funds (US$8million) would be released to you as the new owner (on behalf of me and my colleague). We are writing you because, as public servants, we cannot operate a foreign account or have an account that is more than KSH160,000:00. Consequently, I will present you as the owner of the funds in the Deposit Company so you can be able to claim them. This is simple. I will like you to provide immediately;

1. Full names
2. Contact address
3. Telephone and fax numbers

Once I receive these information, I will prepare the necessary documents which will put you in place as the new owner of the funds. The money will then be released to your custody by the Deposit Company, for us to share in the ratio of 70% for us and 30% for you. There is no risk at all as all th paperwork for this transaction will be adiquately taken care of and this will guarantees the successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested, please reply immediately via my email address. Upon your response I shall then provide you with more details and my confidential phone number for further explanation that will help you understand the transaction. No doubt this proposal may make you apprehensive, please we imploy you to observe utmost confidentiality and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because we shall require your assistance to invest our share in your country (buying of properties like houses, hotels etc). This is why your urgent action and response is of priority to enable us conclude this transaction in a timely and professional manner. Awaiting your urgent reply via my email. Thanks and regards.

Mr.Hassoun Odhiambo Head of Securities.
you can reach me on this mail -hassounodhiambo11@arabtop.net or hassounodhiambo@yahoo.co.uk or hassounodhiambo@mail.com

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
The above email and this one are the ones I have got in the last month. I like the email at the bottom of this letter: amosadamu@phantomemail.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Mohammed Abacha.
E-mail:dansekou@voila.fr
http://allafrica.com/stories/200203180074.html http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/468903.stm DEAR FRIEND,

I am Mohammed Abacha, the eldest son of the late
president of Nigeria,
General Sani Abacha. I was falsely accused of murder
and as such was
imprisoned, but thanks to Allah, I have been released
for my innocence. Well
dear friend I need your assistance in transferring
some of my money into
your account, because the government is making plans
to seize them, as they
did to my fathers own.Please view this site and read
it's content carefully,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/468903.stm the
amount is $29million
in a Security Abroad. All that is needed is for me to
instruct the company
to transfer the funds to your account, I will
remunerate you with 20% of the
total funds transferred to your vital bank account as
compensation for your
assistance, Five percent (5%) would be set aside to
take care of all
expenses we may incur during the transaction. To
indicate your interest,
contact my lawyer urgently and confidentially for more
information and the
roles you will play in this business. All the legal
information concerning
this Money will be sent to you as soon as we agree
together.I have been
confined only to Kano and all my calls are monitored,
So I will get my
private attorney to get you the needed information. If
this proposal
satisfies you, please contact my lawyer immediately
with your full names,
telephone and fax numbers to enable my lawyer,(
Barrister mba o mba }to
contact you. He shall handle this transaction from
beginning to the end on
behalf of the family. Alternatively you can contact
him on his TELEPHONE NO
his email address at:
amosadamu@phantomemail.com

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regard.

Mohammed Abacha

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL & URGENT.

The Department of finance of mineral resources and energy South Africa.

First and foremost, I apologized using this medium to
reach you for a transaction/business of this
magnitude, but this is due to confidentiality and prompt access repose on this medium.

I have decided to seek a confidential
co-operation with you in the execution of the deal
described Hereunder for the benefit of all parties
and hope you will keep it as a top secret because of the
nature of this transaction.

Within the Department of finance where I work as an Executive Accountant and with the cooperation of four other top officials, we have in our possession as overdue payment bills totalling Twenty - One Million, Five Hundred Thousand U. S. Dollars ($21,500,000.) which we want to transfer abroad with the assistance and cooperation of a foreign company/individual to receive the said fund on our behalf or a reliable foreign non-company account to receive such funds. More so, we are handicapped in the circumstances, as the South Africa Civil Service Code of Conduct does not allow us to operate offshore account hence your importance in the whole transaction.

This amount $21.5m represents the balance of the total revenue collections from income tax, mining lease and export duties
in respect of diamond mines, expressed as a percentage of total tax
revenues (net collections, National Revenue Account.

From these projects we have been able to secure this reasonable
amount. $21.5m as commission resulting from over invoice, hence all the necessary approvals has been completed.

This amount $21.5m represents the balance of the Estimated revenue total value executed on behalf of my Department by foreign contracting firm, which we the officials over-invoiced deliberately. Though the actual Estimated revenue cost have been paid to the original contractor, leaving the balance in the Tune of the said amount which we have in principles gotten approval to remit by Key tested Telegraphic Transfer (K.T.T) to any foreign bank account you will provide by filing in an application through the Justice Ministry here in South Africa for the transfer of rights and privileges of the former contractor to you. I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you be willing to assist us in the transaction, your share of the sum will be 25% of the $21.5 million, 70% for us and 5% for taxation and miscellaneous expenses. The business itself is 100% safe, on your part provided you treat it with utmost secrecy and confidentiality.

Also your area of specialization is not a hindrance to the successful execution of this transaction. I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you will not disappoint me. Endeavour to contact me immediately on my e-mail address or phone number whether or not you are interested in this deal. If you are not, it will enable me scout for another foreign partner to carry out this deal I want to assure you that my partners and myself are in a position to make the payment of this claim possible provided you can give us a very strong Assurance and guarantee that our share will be secured and please remember to treat this matter as very confidential matter, because we will not comprehend with any form of exposure as we are still in active Government Service and remember once again that time is of the essence in this business. I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. M. GROTE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here