Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] What heads will Brighton be wearing on Sunday?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
As we all know (even me, who knows NOTHING about the game) football is 10% ability and 90% headology, and when you have a “sure to win” game coming up, that often equates to a “sure to go completely tits up” kind of game. So, which Albion will we see on Sunday, facing up against a desperate Leeds side? Will it be:

On the beach :cool: = lose/draw
“We’re effing brilliant, we only need to turn up” :moo:= don’t turn up lose/draw

“We could send this mob down, the rest of the world (mostly) is banking on us to do so, oh, the pressure” :mad: - lose/draw

“We’re effing brilliant, last week was great fun, we could send this mob down, let’s carry on with the same level of intensity, professionalism and brilliance” = WIN!! :clap::albion2:punk:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As we all know (even me, who knows NOTHING about the game) football is 10% ability and 90% headology, and when you have a “sure to win” game coming up, that often equates to a “sure to go completely tits up” kind of game. So, which Albion will we see on Sunday, facing up against a desperate Leeds side? Will it be:

On the beach :cool: = lose/draw
“We’re effing brilliant, we only need to turn up” :moo:= don’t turn up lose/draw

“We could send this mob down, the rest of the world (mostly) is banking on us to do so, oh, the pressure” :mad: - lose/draw

“We’re effing brilliant, last week was great fun, we could send this mob down, let’s carry on with the same level of intensity, professionalism and brilliance” = WIN!! :clap::albion2:punk:

76D5024A-E8A2-4BDD-AECA-1A3DBCA2B64B.jpeg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think we'll still be motivated to set as high a finishing spot as possible. There seems to be a lot of joy in our football - it's not like we're grinding out results, there is a real pizzazz in our play.

Think those below us that could catch us:

Leicester - hit and miss, but Vardy is back. Could get to 51pts which means at least a good win and a draw for us.
Palace - motivated and energised. Almost certainly will rack up some points from their last 3.
Villa - motivated and energised. City away last game, Palace next. Draw between them would be nice.
Brentford - part beach. Overachieved already, massive battles in the relegation scrap ahead. Surprised if they won both.
Newcastle - beach. Job done, many players will know they might be moved on. Similar to Brentford, can't see them winning both.

Can't see Brentford or Newcastle catching us tbh. Palace and Villa will drop points in their next game one way or another.

I'd be very surprised if 50pts doesn't see us finishing 10th or above.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Come on we have scored 7 goals in our last 2 games, conceded none , surely we can beat this lot !

But come along, this is The Albion we are talking about, who never make it easy if there is a hard way to do it..
The question is will Leeds be as sloppy as Man U, or will they be tigers fighting for their lives?
There are more questions than answers, I will tell you on Sunday teatime......:shrug:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It is the Brighton way; lose to 9-man Walsall, beat Man City a few days later.

We'll be doing it forever.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Come on we have scored 7 goals in our last 2 games, conceded none , surely we can beat this lot !

But come along, this is The Albion we are talking about, who never make it easy if there is a hard way to do it..
The question is will Leeds be as sloppy as Man U, or will they be tigers fighting for their lives?
There are more questions than answers, I will tell you on Sunday teatime......:shrug:

We can be pretty confident that they will fight, given the number of cards they've accrued this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunk and to a lesser effect Duffy will motivated to finish above palace.
Having phoned in the previous 3 months I can't see too much beach action.
The flairtasticas will be keen to one touch their way through the game.

The Leeds look absolutely beaten into the floor.

3-0. :down:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
We won't be on the beach.

But I do fear a slump and a loss. Possibly through over confidence, but more likely just an inability to maintain the levels of the Man Utd game because, in the end, we are not (yet) Liverpool or Man City, able to play at that level in every game.

That said I am still very hopefuly that we will go out with the same energy and confidence and win this one and if I had to bet on it I'd go for a Brighton win by two or more goals.

I very much doubt it will be a draw.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Did I read somewhere that all Albion club staff (not sure if that includes players but seems unlikely) get a 25% bonus for top half finish? If that is true then I hope the players do this for the staff. That would be an incredible end of season party!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Who is the referee.
With a full house baying them on and Leeds current record of rash tackling he will need to be very strong.
There could be some serious injuries if not

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So long as we don't come away with any broken legs or serious injuries (amongst the fans as well as the players), it's a win.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did I read somewhere that all Albion club staff (not sure if that includes players but seems unlikely) get a 25% bonus for top half finish? If that is true then I hope the players do this for the staff. That would be an incredible end of season party!

I was trying to find a link, because I am fairly sure I remembered something like that. A bonus (not sure about 25%)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Random stuff happens in football matches, but we have every reason to feel confident. We need to use this confidence to tap into the self doubt which they will likely be experiencing

I'd like the think the same team will be told just to play their natural game. Get on the ball and knock it around. Get into them then back into position when we don't.

Even if we start losing by a goal or two, i'd fancy us to get ourselves back in the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here