Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Has Gus Done?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Just to point out to you and any others that may get the wrong message, this is in no way an anti-Gus thread. It's simply asking the very fair question;
Did he arrive by luck at the right time or has he really grafted, earned the respect and near idol-status that's been shown to him.
No need for hostility in here, this is a safe place. :thumbsup:

That was obvious in you OP. Some people are just over sensitive.
Gus has a tendency of arrogance. He is clearly talented and has achieved a great deal. But he still has much to learn including how to turn possession into goals and wins in the championship on a consistent basis. I worry now that he thinks he is better than he really is and this is stopping him seeing that he and his team have got some way to go before being the finished article. If he can recognise his shortcomings I have no doubt he is capable of learning how to deal with them. I just hope he still has enough humility to actually reach his potential.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gus has no plan B,Dick Knight and all had no stadium plan B,this is why it will work.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Released his top scoring target man, not managed to replace him in 18 months, constructed a side that can't score against teams who sit back, has no plan b, plays negative tactics at home, persists in playing underperforming players even when they've been crap for weeks (Barnes), waits until 60 mins gone (minimum) before making a sub, refuses to blame himself and instead picks on referees, wastes money on panic buys like Dobbie, would rather sign a load of spanish midfielders who play pretty football than and draw then play ugly and win...

etc, etc

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Released his top scoring target man, not managed to replace him in 18 months, constructed a side that can't score against teams who sit back, has no plan b, plays negative tactics at home, persists in playing underperforming players even when they've been crap for weeks (Barnes), waits until 60 mins gone (minimum) before making a sub, refuses to blame himself and instead picks on referees, wastes money on panic buys like Dobbie, would rather sign a load of spanish midfielders who play pretty football than and draw then play ugly and win...

etc, etc

You've convinced me - how much will it take to get a PROVEN ENGLISH manager like Allardyce ?

(At least Ernest knows when he's taking the piss)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here